Thursday, November 1, 2007

New Orleans Air Show 2007

October 27, 2007
If you know a Thalgott boy, you know that they LOOOOOVE airplanes. So when Garrett's dad heard that there would be an air show in New Orleans a few days before they were planning on coming out for a visit anyways, they decided to come a few days earlier so the boys could attend the big show. And according to them, it was FANTASTIC! I really do think they all had a great time. And Jim and Garrett were brave enough to pack Tyler around ALL day long (from about 8 am to 7 pm or so). They also said Tyler loved it and was pretty well behaved (he still has his ear plugs in his ears in the picture above, in case you're wondering what that is). So it sounds like a good time was had by all! (even though they came home quite sunburned and barely made it to the church in time to do some trunk-or-treating!)

And I was incredibly brave and turned my camera over to Garrett for the day. Yes, I was scared, but I did it. It was like leaving my baby with the babysitter for the first time. But he did a great job with it. And if you know Garrett, he had been reading all sorts of tutorials and articles on how to take good air show photos, so he went prepared to snap a few (okay, more like 400) pictures. He put on my long lens and went to town snapping away and actually did a really great job I think. I was quite impressed with the photos he came home with. (and he is quite proud of them, of course!) So, here are a few. Enjoy!








11 comments:

{Erica} said...

Those are some pretty amazing pictures! WOW!

Hillary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hillary said...

I must say that I am very impressed by Garrett's sweet photo skills! It sounds like they had a great time. Love you!

Maxwells said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, and great pictures Garrett!!

cshel said...

WOW - Garrett took some fantastic pics! Tyler is a trooper for sticking it out all day!

Anonymous said...

G$,
these are some pretty sweet shots from the air show. I'm sure you were in HEAVEN watching all those sweet planes flying around. F-16s?I remember going to shows with my Grandpa at Hill Air Force Base when I was a little man.
Nice work Garrett. I still can't get in a plane and not think about how you probably know the exact layout of the plane I'm on.

Heitmann Family said...

Those are awesome. Good job Garrett. An air show would be pretty great!!!

kdance said...

Holy cow, Garrett! Those pictures rock the kasbah!

Ashley said...

Becky

I just love looking at your pictures, you are awesome. John said, "You should call Becky and see how she adds all of those cool things to her blog?"
Hope things are going great with you guys and that you are enjoying where you are living and your two kids.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I loved the Iowa corn and farmer. Does it get any cuter? It looks like your family of four is doing FABULOUS!!

Alison

Cook Family said...

Hi Becky!
It's Corine, your look alike from Iowa. some how we were always mixed up. but I couldnt think of a better person to be mixed up with. Your little family is so cute! and it looks like you guys are doing good. It is nice to find friends from Iowa again. Feel free to check out our site chrisandcorinecook.blogspot.com