We interrupt the regulary scheduled programming to bring you an update on our little Sam...
Sam turned 8 weeks old today. He is quite honestly the happiest, sweetest baby ever and so stinkin' cute. He is smiling and cooing all the time now and each time he does, it just gets better and better. He went to his doctor's appointment today and now weighs 11 pounds 5 ounces (he has gained 3 1/2 pounds since we went last!) and is 22 inches long. So, he's on the short and a little round side, which should come as no surprise since he is one of my offspring! He had to get a gillion shots it seemed (I know, it's no more than usual, but it just seems like so many!), and it was as sad as I remember it being when Tyler had to have them the first time.
There was some concern about the development of his skull and he is being sent to Children's Hospital on Monday for x-rays. We have to find out if the bones (called the sutures) of his skull have fused prematurely, and if they have, Sam will require surgery to take care of the problem so there will be adequate room for his brain to grow. I am not sure how long it will take to get the results after the x-rays, but we imagine that we should know some time next week. So, please say a prayer for our little Sammy that all will turn out okay because I am having a hard time envisioning sending my little infant off to surgery (for his head, of all things). I am trying not to think of all the 'worst case scenarios', but when you know that surgery is a scenario, it is so hard not to sometimes. I mean, I know it would not be the end of the world, but of course, I would rather not have to do it if I had a choice! :)
But here are some pictures of our happy guy at 8 weeks (I, of course, am still trying to figure out how it has possibly been 8 weeks since he came into this world!).









14 comments:
I am praying for you! Just know that I will be there for you in a second if you need anything. I just love him so much! I am thankful that you are his mommy because you are so calm and collected. I would be a mess. Thinking of you!!! Love you lots.
just so ya know...my friend had this same thing with her son. If you have any questions, let me know and you can e-mail her or something. BUT...I hope all is well. We'll keep you in our prayers.
He is such a cutie! I hope things turn out okay for him, that is scary thinking about your tiny baby having to go through surgery. Good luck and let us know when you find out!
He is definitely looking more like a Thalgott. It is so fun we they go beyond the newborn look and start looking like a little person. We will for sure keep you all in our prayers because Sam may be going in for surgery, but it is the parents that have to worry themselves sick. Love you guys!
I can't believe it has been 8 weeks already!! He sure is a cute one! You guys are all in our prayers. Keep us updated with the appointment.
oohh, Becky. Every parent worries about things like that. I really hope and pray that everything will turn out right. You'll definitely be in our thoughts.
We'll be praying for little Sam! Poor little dude, having to be poked with all the shots, and then be sent to the hospital for x-rays! He's such a cutie, though. I always love the pictures you take of him.
Our prayers are with Sam and your family. Anytime surgery is mentioned it is scary~especially if it's your baby! We will be thinking of you.
Alison
That is the most beautiful picture at the top- it looks like a picture you'd see in Parenting magazine or at a Glamour Shots studio. I love it. I really think you are a professional photgrapher and could do this as a career. You are amazing at taking pictures!
Sorry to hear about little Sam; but we will pray for the best. I love the pictures you take!
Becky, I got your blog off of Campbells. What a cute little family you have! Your baby is just precious, and I pray for the best for you guys.. . those little ones can give us a scare somemetimes. I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog!
Hey Becky! I feel like such a FOOL! You probably read my comment and thought I had been drinking! Corinne just told me that I left a weird comment on your page so I logged on and WOW! i don't know what happened. I think that part of it was cut out when I sent it. I'm soooo embarrassed! So here's the scoop. Paige had the same scare when she was a baby, and everything turned out fine. I just wanted to wish you good luck. Sorry about the confusion.
Becky-
We'll be thinking of you guys. What cute little "boys" you have. Is it weird to have more than one?
Post a Comment