.
Step #1: One week BEFORE Thanksgiving, load up the car and head east. Cross the twin spans, drive through Slidell and end in Pearl River, Louisiana at above location. (Louisiana apparently has its fair share of exotic dancers, but lucky for our family, it also has exotic Christmas trees!)
Step #2: Head out amongst the rows and rows of trees.
Step #3: Find a big stick. Not just any old big stick, but a big stick that is as big as you are.
Step #4: Drag this big stick with you as you walk down row after row of trees. It is said that the big stick will help you in finding the perfect Christmas tree.
Step #5: Look, study, and look some more in an attempt to find that perfect tree.
Step #6: Take a break from studying all those trees and RUN up and down the rows.
Step #7: Find the tree fit for a 3-year old and give it a good ol' thumbs up.
Step #8: Consult with the man in charge as to why you should definitely be able to take the tree above home with you. Because it's a really, really, really nice tree, Dad!
Step #9: Tell the ants to buzz off and leave you alone and quit crawling up your pant legs and biting you!
Step #10: Delight in Daddy's pick of the tree for the year (after realizing that you're not going to get to take home your own pick of the year).
Step #11: Tag it!
Step #12: Leave the beautiful 9 foot Leyland Cypress tree behind until the first week of December when the retrieval process shall take place.And always remember to:
On the Saturday before Thanksgiving (Nov. 17), we picked out our Christmas tree for the second year in a row. We went last year and absolutely loved having a real tree and loved having one of THESE trees! They are beautiful. They are so full and so green and they stay so fresh all through the holidays. In fact, I think it was mid January before we took ours down last year and it hadn't shed any needles or anything. So, we went again this year and pre-marked ours to ensure that we would indeed find the perfect tree. And I think we found it. And it is always a different tree hunting experience as there is no need for hats, scarves, coats, or even jackets for that matter. I had Tyler in jeans and a long sleeved shirt and he was way over dressed. I always get after Garrett for wearing shorts everywhere he goes (outside of work), but he generally is much better off than the rest of us as we roast to death. And Sam only wore a stocking cap simply so his poor little head wouldn't get sunburned. It was let him roast with a hat on or let him get sunburned. So he had to roast for a few...
Stay tuned next week for pictures of the Tree Retrieval Process. We are going to chop it down this Saturday!





9 comments:
We are SO copying you! What a brilliant idea. Congrats on your perfect tree!
that sounds like sooo much fun. ANd i like that fact that there is no snow. I hope you have fun decorating your beautiful tree.
Awesome! Love your storytelling ability and your pictures are great. I love the tree, BTW. :-)
Oh, Sam looks so tiny in the last picture! Looks like a lot of fun :)
I love the fact that your tree is exotic! I am jealous. It is strange for me to see you guys cutting down a x-mas tree wearing shorts and short sleeves! Very cute pictures
your pitures rocked! I can't wait to get a real tree again!
I am so glad you were able to do that again this year. I loved those pictures. It looked like you guys had a perfect day and didnt get your feet, hands and face froze and chilled to the bone. in fact I think in a couple of pictures I could see a little sweat line on little Tylers head!!! My kind of tree shopping!!! Thanks for sharing. I loved it. Merry Christmas!!!! Love and miss you tons. Grandma T
I loved this post... Reasons why-#1 you are not wearing any form of outer clothing to keep you warm, at the end of November. Ayden pleads to wear his snow boots each morning and there isn't any snow. #2 Tyler's intent look as he tries to find that perfect tree and #3 the father son interaction going on, how cute!! Can't wait to see it all cut down and decorated!!
I love the tree you picked out. You should get the little one for Tyler's room. That experience is a little different that snowmobiling out to get one in Island Park! I get to put up my gorgeous, fresh, fragrant fake tree toight. I hope it stays fresh until Christmas! Love MomA
Post a Comment