Friday, November 30, 2007

I Finally See It!

.
Pretty much since the day Tyler was born, I have been told that he is a mini-Garrett. If I had a nickel for every time I've been told that... And as the mom, I just didn't see it. I mean, I see little things, but when I looked at Tyler, I would see Tyler--not Garrett. You know what I mean?? BUT then I just took a look at this picture and holy cow, can you say twin angry faces here?! I think Tyler had just elbowed Garrett, which would explain Garrett's face and Tyler was uncomfortable and trying to move, which would explain his face. Seriously, TWINS here, folks. And I am finally seeing it after very nearly three years. And I am laughing my head off. I am finding it hilarious, really! That is probably one thing I see of Garrett the most in Tyler is the expressions. There are times (such as this, obviously) that they will pull the exact same face and it just cracks me up. And then there's little Sam up there who doesn't look much like either of them (in my opinion, at least)!
So, shortly after that picture, we were playing around and I put Sam on top of Tyler and Tyler thought that was the event of the year. He is still talking about it and asking me to put Sam on top of him. He thought it was so funny and couldn't stop laughing. Sam seemed to think it was all right too... :)
And don't be fooled by Sam's oh-so-content-and-innocent-I-love-my-brother little face here because one second after this picture was snapped, he puked ALL OVER Tyler. That's the first time Tyler's been puked on and watching his reaction was pretty funny. He didn't get mad or anything, but he though it was pretty gross, like we all do I guess. But Sam really got him. I mean, look at the position they're in, so you can just imagine...down the neck, shirt, and back, and I think even a little in the ear. Oh boy! I suppose Sam is getting back at Tyler for all the times he's gotten a 'little too close'. Another thing Tyler is still talking about!
And here are a few more random pictures. I was taking some pictures of Sam in his swing the other day because he is really starting to like it...
When along came Tyler saying "take picture me. Take picture me!". So, he jumped right in (I guess he's feeling competition in the fact that the camera is not always in HIS face all the time anymore). So, here is the one I snapped of Tyler and I just think it's funny mostly because it's SO Tyler.
And then Tyler proceeded to play peek-a-boo with Sam. He has just discovered playing this little game with him and it always makes me laugh. I'm glad he thought of it because it's a very good 'game' for him to play with Sam, since he's just dying to be able to play with him and it doesn't involve him poking, holding, or dragging Sam in any way, shape, or form. :)

8 comments:

Lexi said...

I love the picture of Tyler with Sam in the background with the swing. It looks like one of those cool special effects photographers do-then again I shouldn't be surprised because this is BECKY we're talking about here. You are such a pro with the camera. Your boys are adorable even with frownie faces!

cshel said...

Again - fantastic pictures. I love the ones of the the two boys - just precious. Kind of funny about Sam puking on Tyler though. :-)

Heitmann Family said...

Ok, that first picture is priceless!! I love it. Such cute pics of your boys. Hey what photo editing software do you use? You have a real talent!

Anonymous said...

I loved this post!! I was laughing so hard!! :) Sam and Tyler are so dang cute! They're gonna be the best buds, I can tell. Love ya beck! Miss ya!

The Nielsen Family said...

Matt and I were busting a gut at the CLASSIC Thalgott expressions. That is one of the things we miss most around this place are "the looks." Often (meaning several times a week) we try to imitate them, but let's be honest who can imitate a guy like GT. Also, "milk Becky" is still going strong just about every night at the dinner table. Ahhh, the Thalgotts.

Great pictures Becky, I love the ones with the brothers on the bed, I literally gasped when I saw how adorable they were.

Anonymous said...

That picture of Garrett and Tyler didnt make me see it but at times there are some things that totally are Garrett. I love the picture of little Sam on Tyler and the one of Tyler playing peek-a-boo. Look at his cute little chubby hand and wrist. I love our little grandsons. Hugs and kisses from Grandma T.

kdance said...

Oh, how I can relate, Becky. I can't even count the times I've heard, "Evan is a mini-Dave." Dave just eats it up, too. Every day, atleast once or twice, Dave says, "He's me. He looks just like me." And, the funny thing is, I feel just like you did about Tyler. I just think Evan looks like "himself." I'm sure I'm just jealous, but that's how I feel. Sometimes I think he looks like me.

Kris said...

That's hilarous about the little spitting up incident. Adorable boys, Beck!