November 2, 2007
Their slogan says "we don't go fishin', we go catchin'." And from the looks of things, it rings true. All the boys took off for a charterted fishing trip on Friday, November 2. They drove about an hour south of NOLA and took off from a town called Lafitte and spent the day catching, from what I've been told. They caught their limit of black drum and then caught some speckled trout, redfish, flounder, and sheeps head (all fish I didn't even know existed until we moved here). And they brought home more fish than I could have ever dreamed up something to do with. We cooked some up that night, gave some away, and sent a cooler back to Idaho with my dad. And we've eaten it a few times since then as well. And it has been some good eats!! And from what everyone has said, it sounds like they had a great time.And we're lucky to even have these pictures to prove it because our camera (our old one we have just for things like this) got left behind and after a few calls to the guides, we had given it up as lost. And then a few days later, we got a call telling us they had found it. Pretty awesome, and pretty cool that it wasn't ruined and that the pictures weren't ruined too since it had sat outside for a few nights. I think we all cared more about the potential loss of the pictures than the camera itself. Lucky for us, it's no longer a worry!






1 comment:
It makes me want to go fishing! I haven't been for years.
Post a Comment