We just returned from a little post-Thanksgiving mini vacation in Dauphin Island, Alabama. We had SUCH a great time at the beach. It was so relaxing. I'll blog more about that later, but first I wanted to get this posted. I took some projects with me to work on while I was there and it was fun to get crafting again. I worked on some Christmas cards and other things. And I made a little extra. I found these great Making Memories advent calendar kits and made one for myself and thought they were so fun that I made an extra one, plus I made some extra Christmas cards as well. I love the little advent calendar with little drawers that pull out so little (or big) people can find a treat inside each day.

So, here's the deal. I would love to share some of these with one of you. I will send one person this advent calendar and a set of 10 Christmas cards of various styles. And here's how it is going to work. If you are interested in giving these items a home for the holidays, please leave a comment and tell me one of the following:
1. In light of the recent holiday, please tell me what you are most thankful for this year.
2. In anticipation of the holiday that is just around the corner, please share with me your favorite Christmas tradition.
3. As Tyler is getting to the age that he is understanding this whole Christmas thing a lot more, I would love any ideas that you have or have used with your kids to teach them about the first Christmas and the real reason for Christmas. He is catching on to the Santa Claus and presents thing, which is fun of course, but I also want to make sure we keep talking about the real reason for the season.
So, easy as that. List one (or all, if you wish) of those things in a comment and on Saturday, I will draw one name from the comments to mail these goodies off to. So check back Saturday for the winner. OK, you have 6 days to comment, so get at it. And PLEASE don't be shy...if you have never commented before, or are members of my family (this EVEN means you Mom, Sheila, Hillary, Marilee, Serena, Angie, Whitney, etc!...), or have never even met me and found my blog through someone else's, please feel free to join in. I'd love to hear your responses. I allow for all comments on my blog, so you have no reason to not post! :)
I'll start by answering one of the questions myself. Of course I have been reflecting upon my blessings this last week and after spending some time vacationing with my little family, I can honestly say I have never felt more grateful to be a mom. So, this year I am most thankful for my opportunity to be a mom, and to be made a mom once again with the birth of another baby. I love my boys so much it hurts sometimes and I am so grateful for them and the fact that they are healthy. I am so blessed!
And stay tuned for some major blog and photo updates from the last couple of weeks. That is on the top of my TO DO list for this week. Now, I can't wait to hear from all of you!





28 comments:
1.I am most grateful that both my Mom and Dad were able to come and visit and meet Peyton this year. I hadn't seen them for over two years and next year they're moving to Indonesia so I was glad to spend some time with them before they went 'International' on me.
2.My favorite Christmas tradition was one my Mom and her sisters shared while growing up too. Every Christmas Eve, they were each allowed to open one gift. It was a tradition that this gift would be pajamas that they would wear to bed and open Christmas gifts in the next morning. As a kid, it would bum me out because I wanted to open something 'good', but as I grew into my teens, I was excited to see what new pajamas I would get.
This never ended up being 'tradition' but it sounded like fun to me- One year my Grandma tied each of my aunts' and my moms' 'big' present to a very long string- each a different color. It went ALL OVER the house... around tables, upstairs and down, into the basement and in and out of bedrooms (you get the idea). It took the girls all morning to search for this present but it was well worth the 'hunt'. I think I might do this for Peyton one year.
3.I think that Santa will only be giving three presents in our house because Jesus received three gifts from the wisemen (and I think you can tie those stories together). I think prior to Christmas, we'll go through the toy box and 'sacrifice' some toys for the less fortuanate that are gently used and in good condition. I think this would also be a good tie in with how much Jesus sacrificed for us.
One more thing... Tag! You're it! Visit my blog to see your task. Have fun!
1. I am most grateful that we live close to family now and my kids don't have to grow up so far from grandparents and uncles and aunt.
2. My favorite christmas tradition is matching/coordinating pajamas that we open christmas eve! I loved it as a kid and as the mom, I love shopping for them.
3. Becky,I hope to have solved this problem with a book that we read/will read each year. It's called "I believe in Santa Claus" by Diane G. Adamson and beautiful illustrations by M. Chad Randall. I hope you can find it. Just in case here are the words: (the pictures add alot too)
"I believe in Santa Claus. Imagine Santa. What is he like? He wears red. His hair is white. He comes in the night. He loves little children. He wants us to be good. And he brings gifts. Now imagine Jesus. What is He like? He wears red. His hair is white. He comes in the night. He loves little children. He knows we are good. And He brings gifts. Santa Claus is a symbol of Christmas. The symbols of Christmas can remind us of the true meaning of christmas. The symbols of Christmas remind me of Christ. So, I believe in Santa Clause.
Okay, I am so excited about this drawing thing!!! Also, don't forget I slipped you that twenty to rig the whole thing, so people don't even bother responding because I've got it in the bag, just kidding (or am I?). But down to business, I will go with #1. I am so very grateful for my husband being an active and involved parent. Matt does several things to help out with Carter, but the two things that I love and appreciate the most are 1. He feeds Carter dinner every night that he is home. When it is just Carter and I, I don't even bother to eat until he is asleep because it is such a struggle to get food to him fast enough and feed me at the same time. 2. Matt also puts Carter to bed every night (that he is home). Matt reads him books, sings to him several songs (I love to sit outside the door and listen to the tender lullabies), and feeds him his bottle. The coolest thing about this is that Matt does it not only to help me but more importantly because he LOVES to do it and looks forward to it. What and awesome husband I have!
I am thankful for the gospel and for being a forever family.
Well when I was a kid we would have a huge potluck dinner Christmas eve. Everyone would bring their favorite snack foods or little things to eat and we would pig out. We used to exchange cousin gifts with my moms side of the family and that was the only gift we could open that night. Then we would call and thank people for our gifts. We still get together with the potluck thing but we don't exchange gifts, too many of us now to keep track.
Something that my parents did and that I would like to start is the three wise men bring gifts instead of santa. So we could decide what we wanted to put on our list using this criteria... Something to amuse, Something to use and something to cherish. And you can also take however many nights before Christmas that you want to and sing a carol or hymn, read a scripture and read a christmas story and that always gets you thinking of the savior.
Thanks this was fun!!
Super cute Becky!! You amaze me - how do you craft with two little guys??
1. Lately I have been thinking about how grateful I am for the country that we live in and the freedoms that we enjoy. (pick me, pick me) I am also very grateful for all those that are risking their lives to preserve freedom.
2. One of the fun Christmas traditions that I have continued from my childhood (BRIGIT, BRIGIT, BRIGIT . . . make sure that is the name on the winning piece of paper) is opening up one present on Christmas Eve, which always happens to be new Christmas pajamas.
3. This is a really hard one. Christmas has become so commericalized. Around the first part of December we try to watch the "Joy to the World" DVD and read the Christmas story in the Bible. (I really want to win!!!)
Good luck preparing for Christmas Becky. We sure miss you guys. Please tell Garrett hello from us.
1.I am most greatful for being a mommy even though sometimes I feel like screaming I would'nt give it up for the world. I am also thankful for having a church that when you are away from family they become your family.Im not sure of many other churchs that you could make instant friends.
2. My favorite Christmas tradition is my family always spends a few days making Greek Pastries. I think it was such a fun thing to do because while we were spending time as a family I also learned a great skill. Another tradition My brother does and I would like to try this year with Ty is He took his little girl out and found an angel tree at the mall and bought something for another child less fortunate. what a great way to teach your child the spirit of giving.
3. Last year I bought a little manger. the point is to have an empty manger by your Christmas tree and on Christmas morning place a baby representing the baby Jesus. Ty was pretty young last year and could have cared less but I think he is starting to get it this year.
1- I'm just so grateful right now for our parents and all their love and support, but especially for Charlie right now and all that he is doing for me with taking care of me and helping me to feel comfortable, and for all his hard work in taking care of our family by going to school and holding a job. I don't know how he does it all.
2- My mom started a tradition with all of her daughters by buying a new Christmas Tree Ornament each year for each of us. She did this because when she got married they didn't have any ornaments for their tree so she started this tradition so when you get married you have about 20 or so ornaments to start hanging on your tree. Sometimes their just random cute ornaments, and other years they are ornaments we got from a trip we went on earlier that year or something you did that year. Each one reminds you of a memory that year.
Another tradition my family has done each year is to pick a family in need and to go buy gifts, food, and leave some money in an envelope. Then we go to their house on Christmas Eve, put the gifts on the doorstep, ring the doorbell, and Run! We never let the families know who left the gift. This has really taught our family what's important to remember during Christmas. (Kinda fits with the next question)
3- I'm not a parent (yet) but I have been trying to figure out each year how to always remember Jesus Christ during Christmas. I love having Nativities around the house which is a good reminder. Last year I bought a Nativity of baby Jesus in the manger with some animals, but then it has a Santa figurine that is kneeling next to Baby Jesus. I wanted this to remind us that its about Jesus, even Santa knows what's important to remember during Christmas!
Becky, first of all, your talent is amazing. You are such a great person and a great friend and we really, really miss having your family closer!! :-)
My comments are apparently going to echo some others....but here goes.
1. It was Thanksgiving 3 years ago that we were preparing for Mike to ship out overseas with the Navy. It was an emotional time for our family; but we were so thankful to be together. I am thankful for my family and the time we have together. But I'm also thankful for our freedoms that allow us to live the life of our choosing and for those who sacrifice so much to provide that to us.
2. My favorite Christmas tradition is also the one gift we open on Christmas Eve - new Christmas pajamas. After we get the girls into their new jammies, we read from Luke. It seems like Christmas Day is all about Santa and gifts; but everything leading up to that can, and really should, be focused on our Savior. I love.
3. Just being involved in service really helps teach about the spirit of the season. From spending a FHE night delivering goodies to friends, neighbors, and others to doing "secret santas" or giving trees during the month. My kids love to shop for other kids their similar age/sex - it really helps them realize there is a big world out there.
Good luck!
So glad I returned to blogging for this!!
1. Most grateful for...life. Mine has been filled with blessings upon blessings, so many undeserved and yet He keeps sending them my way.
2. Last year we started a Christmas tradition for ourselves since we knew that traveling home will not be an option from now on. We made avbelskievers. And it was a blast. We will leave them for Santa instead of cookies and teach Emma and Max of other cultures.
3. One way we have taught Emma the true meaning of Christmas is: last year we started in December and for each family night or a "special" night we chose one person from the nativity to talk about. We dress up like them, have pictures, sculptures and do an activity about them. Obviously, they all point to the Savior, and his special day. It seemed to really help us all remember what is important at Christmas.
If by chance my name isn't drawn, which I really really hope it is, will you e-mail how I can copy your cute craft?
So cute!
Okay my favorite tradition is one that we do with Ben's parents. Instead of getting his mom and dad a gift we give them a "white envelope." Each family chooses one way to serve (it can be anything) then we write it down and but it in an envelope. On Christmas eve we put it in a special stocking and at the very end of the night we sit and read all of the "white envelopes." This has become one of my favorite things about Christmas.
We also do what Brook does with teaching our girls about Christmas. The 4 Mondays before Christmas we talk about the different people in the Nativity (the Shepards, Wiseman, Mary and Joseph, and the baby Jesus.) This year we are letting them dress up (which they LOVE). I have a good children's book that talks about each person in the nativity which is really helpful.
By the way, I have know idea how you have "extra" time to be doing this!
Oh my word, Becky--that calendar is amazing! You can bet your bottom dollar I'm in on this contest. I'm so coveting that and the ten cards. So, here it goes...
I'm going with #1: I have to copy your answer. That thing that I have, hands down, been most grateful for this year is the opportunity I've had to be a mom. It has been such an amazing experience. Pregnancy was not a very fun experience for the most part, and labor was not much better. But every single moment of nausea and every contraction was worth it. The weight I gained and the fact that my body will never be the same doesn't even phaze me--Evan is the sweetest gift I have ever recieved. I must also add that I am sooooo grateful for a wonderful husband. Evan has brought us even closer together. We are so in love with this little guy!
Beck!! I love this!! Maybe that package i sent you will give me a few extra bonus point!!! Good timing on my part wink wink :)
Well
#1- I am most thankful this year for my amazing NEW husband Mike. I am thankful for all he does and how great it has been to start our lives together. The most important part that i am thankful for is the wonderful experience it was to get married in the temple and that we are going to be together FOREVER! It was always a dream and I finally made it, even after all the obstacles. This also showed me how important I am to my family-I am SO thankful for all they have done for me and continue to do.
#2-Becky, I know our family doesn't do this every year anymore, but it's still my favorite. It all started with Grandpa being Santa and taking gifts to people in our community. Then, it went to dad being the Bishop and our family helping out so much with the those in our ward, and then of course Garrett being Ol' Saint Nick himself. :) I think this is a tradition our family has always kept, even if it's not quite the same each and every year. Mike and I have already decided to make it a goal to do something like this each year. Helping others, under the radar, will help us keep the right focus. I think that this is the true "Spirit of Christmas."
#3-I am not full of good ideas about this one...I'm obviously not very experienced. But i think it could be fun for all of you, if you acted out the story, especially since you have a new baby to play the lead role. :) It would help bring it to life for Tyler.
I have to play this one!
1. I am so thankful for the health of my family. I feel that we have been so blessed that we are each healthy and strong and that Cash's mind and body have grown so well! We have been so blessed!
2. My favorite Christmas tradition was one that includes my dad going downstairs (where the tree and gifts were) on x-mas morning and turning on all of the tree lights and making sure that S. Claus had come! Then we would line up, the youngest in the front, and walk downstairs as a family. It was always worst waiting for dad to come back up while we waited so that we could go and see!
3.You could put up a little tree in Tyler's room and each day add an ornament. You could have a manger, and shepard, a candy cane, a baby, etc. and each day talk about what the one you are adding represents and stands for.
I don't know how you will ever choose! I would hate to be in your shoes!!!
I've never left a comment on a blog, but I guess you just provided the proper motivation!...
1.I am most grateful at this time for modern medicine! (no - not just 'cause Mark is in the field) We were blessed to bring a precious baby into the world 2 weeks ago, and despite complications that would've been tragic several years ago, performing the now routine emergency c-section resulted in his safe arrival & a healthy baby and mom. And, of course, he wouldn't even EXIST (and I wouldn't have experienced the miracle of helping to create life)w/out modern medicine since he's an in-vitro babe! Top that off with my gratitude for pain meds & I think that about sums up my reasons for being grateful for modern medicine!
2.The Christmas Eve Ball (adopted from Mark's family) is one of my favorite traditions. We wrap a ball in crepe paper, all the while rolling in small trinkets, candy, etc. until it's nice & big. Then, we sit in a circle and decide on a pattern of who to roll the ball to - whatever falls out as the crepe paper unrolls while the ball is rolling TO you is yours to keep! Kids love it - and me too!
3. I like the tradition of having a nativity out as a visual for the Christmas story which can be discussed through the holidays...but leave the baby Jesus missing until Christmas (or Christmas Eve), and then when you go over the story that time have your child place the missing baby Jesus in the manger.
1. I am thankful for my family and Doug's family. First of all, I think I have the hardest working, best at everything he does husband!! He has worked his little hiney off this year building our house, all the while working full time and starting up a side business. It wears me out just thinking about him!! I am thankful of course for mom and dad and all of their help, love, friendship and support. I don't know what I would do without them! I am also thankful for Doug's parents. They have put up with us living with them for almost 9 months now and have been very gracious and patient, and although it will be very nice to move into our new home, I will miss having them around all the time! My kids will definently miss not living with Grandpa Packer!!
2. My favorite tradition is mom giving everyone pajamas on Christmas Eve and reinacting the nativity on Christmas Eve. Oh and don't forget all of the yummy bran muffins on Christmas morn!!
3. This one is hard and I haven't done a very good job of it with my kids. Gracie caught on pretty good when we have been reinacting the nativity scene on Christmas Eve. (She always wants to play the part of the donkey, or course!!) I thought your idea of buying the Little People nativity last year was a great one. Just let him play with that!!
Okay, so this is the longest blog ever!! So if I don't win, I want to hire you to make me one of those, since I am not a scrapbooking diva like yourself!!
Now listen close, what you need to do is write my name on a paper slightly bigger than the rest, so when you draw it out you can feel around for the biggest one and draw it out!! After all, I know deep down you had me in mind when you made those!! Also, that advent would look SO good in my new house!!!! Love ya, Marilee
Ok, I am probably not any good at this. But got to try with such a prize in the running.
1. For us, so much has happened this past year to be thankful for. But to make it short I guess it's to see that the Lord has a hand in our lives. There is no way things would be working out for us the way they had been if not. And that doesn't mean we haven't had some trials but predominatly we can see how everything has fallen in our laps (with the right amount of work). Hope that makes sense.
2. Mike and I both did not grow up with too many traditions. My family got to open one present on Chritmas Eve, so we continued that. WE also read the Christmas story out of the bible Christmas day and the Book of Mormon accounts of Christ's birth (I can email passages) on Christmas Eve. My aunt serves Lasagna on Christmas Day, I have tried to get that one started up, but Mike is not a bif fan of the idea.
3. We also tried to do the FHE on different points of the christmas nativity last year. I learned alot, I doubt Annie rememberes, but hopefully repetition will help. Growing up, my mom had a ceramic nativity she painted that looked like little kids and my sister and I would play with them under the tree. She gave them to my sister so my mom helped me paint one for last year, and Annie loves having the visual nativity to look at. I think that helps. Also there is a great story I love about the 3 Christmases, I will email it to you.
Well, thank you for doing this cute idea it's lots of fun to read everyone's traditions and maybe get some ideas.
OK Becky, I am so hooked to bloging thanks to you!!! I never have commented but I read or check your blog just about every day. The adorable Christmas Countdown is too cute to not spend a few minutes and answer the questions. So here goes.
1. Much like you, I feel so thankful to have a healthy baby. Two days in the hospital with "complications" sure puts things in perspective. I am so thankful and feel very blessed to be able to have Avalon here with us. Even though there are days I would love a break I wouldn't trade being a mom and having 3 wonderful kids for anything.
2. Growing up my Dad would always wrap the tiniest things in layered boxes. There was always a huge box under the tree that you couldn't wait to open. Once opened all you would find is box after box after box. Usually the gift was something simple like a necklace but it is the most memorable thing. My kids are finally old enough to start this tradition in our home and I can't wait.
3. On Christmas Eve Monte's Family always makes a nativity of some kind (a craft creating a nativity) and reads while acting out the story of the Saviors birth using what they have just made. I think this is a great way to help us all remember what Christmas is about.
This is way fun Becky!! Thanks for sharing....and of course I hope you draw my name.
1. As usual I am so thankful for my family. That we're all healthy and living the gospel. It's an amazing blessing to have 7 children, 6 in-law children and 10 grandchildren and have all of us focused on living the gospel. I'm so grateful for your dad and the great example he is to all of you. Together we can do anything.
2. One of the most precious memories I have of Christmas is the Christmas Eve when Angie was about 3 and Charlie was 7 and we did our traditional reinactment of the Nativity. Angie was wearing her red and gray plaid flannel nightgown that Grandma Hall made for her and she had the white lace scarf over her head and shoulders. Her preemie cabbage patch doll was Jesus. Charlie was dressed as Joseph and had a broomstick for his staff. Marilee was the angel with tinsel in her hair. You and Serena were the shepherds and Todd and Granpda and Grandma Andesen were the wise men with gifts from under the tree in their hands. Your dad was the narrator and I of course was the photograper. It still makes me cry to remember Angie and Charlie walking down the dark hallway towards the lit tree with her preemie Cabbage Patch doll wrapped in an old receiving blanket. The Spirit of love and of Christ in our home that night was tangible. We all felt it, and I'll never forget it. Christmas will be so different this year as we break tradition and have our festivities on Christmas Eve at Marilee's new home. After all she needs to have this same tradition in her home. Growing old is not so great sometimes.
3. I think doing secret things for others helps us focus on Christ. Things like all the extra change and them some going to a family who really needs it, or doing the 12 days of Christmas for someone who needs some cheering up.
These have all been fun to do.
Love MomA
1} I am most grateful for my family. I have 4 beautiful and healthy children. I have a hard-working and loving husband. I have WONDERFUL friends that we love and make life enjoyable while living away from family.
2} I started one of my own that will one day be realized by the kids. Each year I buy each kid (and 1 of me & dad) a christmas ornament. On the back or botton, I label who's it is and what year. When they move out or get married, they will get all thier ornaments for their own tree to have something to start out with that have memories.
3} Paul's family stared this tradition and I think it is wonderful. We have a birthday party for Jesus. It is very reverent, I make a cake and get candles and sing a soft HBD song. Other things are just constant reminders of why we have christmas, reading them books about the nativity, having a nativity scene, that is really cheep, and we quiz them through the season, who is Jesus' mommy's name? Who is Joseph? What did the shepards see? What did the Wize men do? ect, ect. In our house it is talk talk talk... and more and more.
Becky,
Hey, I just happened to go to your blog from Amber's and I am impressed by how very talented you are. I love making cards! Too bad we don't live closer so we could do crafty things together. We are currently living in Cleveland, Ohio. My husband, Josh, and I have 2 daughters, Hallei(3) and Ellee (5 months). It is fun to see your blog and see what you have been doing. You will have to check ours out, not that it is very exciting.
I would have to say that I am very thankful for my children. I am so grateful that they are healthy, and I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to raise them and to teach them. I am also very grateful for my husband and for all the hard work he does to provide for our family. I am also grateful for my parents for all of the sacrifices that they made for me. As a parent, I am now realizing that they have done so much more for me than I ever imagined.
Have a great day!
Amanda Howard (Marshall)
Hey Becky its Lindsay! That's it, I'm so winning this! It's a good thing we have blogs and the card exchange to keep us up.
1. FAMILY! It's the one thing you can always lean on, trust, love, and appreciate. What could be better than a great husband...and kids...its the most tender things ever.
2 & 3. I'm lucky I married into this... In Kyle's fam on Xmas eve they read the bible story and then everyone writes their "gift(s) to the savior" on an index card. Each person writes what they would like to "give," or work on, or promise to the savior for the upcoming year. Then his mom paper clips it to that persons stack of "gifts." Every year we go through and read what everyone wrote from previous years...clear back when they were tiny!!! So she keeps all of the cards in a cute decoarted recipe box and it's part of her xmas decor. It's so fun and such a great teaching tool. I'm going to start it this year with my kids-yay! Don't forget to date the cards!
Thanks for all of the great ideas everyone!!! Becky, you're amazing!
This is such a fun idea! I'm the most unlucky person in the world, but here goes . . . .
1. I'm most thankful for my husband who is so patient with me and reminds me to laugh when times are stressful.
2. Each year on Christmas Eve, we give a gift to Christ. We each write our gift on a small piece of paper and put it in a Christmas gift box that stays out all year long. I guess it's kind of like a New Year's resolution, but more meaningful. We also get a game each year that we can all play on Christmas Eve. I try to gear it toward Paige, because she's the youngest. This year I saw Book of Mormon Guess Who at Deseret Book. I think that they'll love it.
3. This year, before Thanksgiving, we started saying two things that we're thankful for each night before we say prayers. It helps us with more meaningful prayers and reminds us to be grateful for what we have. Also, for the past 3 years, Shane's parents have given us the willowtree nativity pieces for Christmas, so when we take it out of the boxes, we talk about each piece and the Christmas story. Last family night we sat down with the kids and asked them what we could do to have the spirit this Christmas. They decided that we should go shopping for toys to give to kids that don't have any, to go Christmas caroling and to make cookies for our neighbors on our street. Pretty good ideas coming from two small kids. It takes effort to distract them from making "I want" lists to Santa.
Happy Holidays!
OK---it is down to "crunch time" as Jim would say. I have been thinking about this since I first read your post. There are soooo many things to be thankful for. I go back to the morning that we got the call from NOLA in September telling us that little Baby Sam had arrived healthy and strong and that mom was doing well too. We talked and laughed and sent our love and congratulations. Jim was back east on business and he had heard the news earlier since his time was 2 hours earlier than in Idaho. So minutes after you guys called Jim called and we talked about the exciting news and then it was quiet for a moment and Jim just said, "Sheila---we are so blessed." And that we are. I am so thankful for Jim and for the wonderful husband and father he has always been and continues to be. I am thankful for the special relationship he has with our kids and the example he is for us. We are so thankful for our family and our little grandsons. I am so thankful for the gospel in all of our lives, our health and our jobs and sooo much more. It is hard to put it into words.
2. We always did the night before Christmas gift opening and it was pjs too. That was always fun.
3. I always had nativitys out to remind us of the true meaning and I am excited for us all to hang the nativity set of ornaments I got for all of our trees this year. I think they will look so neat in a section of our trees and reminds us of Jesus---in the middle of all the lights and gifts and ornaments. I know you guys will do a great job teaching your boys about the true meaning of Christmas. May you continue to have the wonderful spirit in your home. Merry Christmas to you guys. We love you all and miss you so much. Love Grandma T
Hi Becky!! I'm glad I checked your blog when I did, or I might have missed my chance at your super cute gifts!! Here are my answers.
1-Hate to be generic, but I, too, have felt this year how incredibly amazing it is to be a mother. I'm amazed at the love that we can have for these amazing little guys that come to us! I feel overwhelmed when I think of how lucky we've been to have five great kids, and double blessed with two in one shot. While this has been one of the hardest years of our lives, I have felt the most joy this year because of what the babies have brought to our family.
2. Every Christmas eve our family baked Christmas goodies all day. Then in the evening we would load up on our 12 seater van and go caroling. We loved doing it!! As my family all sings well, it sounded good, too. I think we became a part of other people's Christmas tradition as well; they waited for us Christmas eve. I haven't yet got my own family going on the tradition. My kids need to get a little older; right now it would be a Laura Solo. That's what I miss most about being away at Christmas.
3. My mother-in-law has bought us a few kid friendly nativities. We always leave them down and accessible for the kids. The enjoy the chance to play and act out the Christmas story.
I Know I'm way late on this, but I can't help but leave a little comment. First off, I love your blog. It's the first one I check when I start reading. Obviously I've been way busy this week. I haven't put a knew post on ours for a few weeks and you have all of these new post I need to catch up on. It's fun, though and I love it.
So anyway to answer your questions:
1st-- The thing I'm most grateful for is the love of my Savior. I know He loves me when I look around and see my 2 beautiful healthy boys, a wonderful husband and the amazing life that I have. I'm grateful for the knowledge that I have of my Savior.
2nd. My Favorite Christmas Tradition is reading a Christmas program that my dad wrote. It has songs and scriptures and tells of the birth of Christ. We read it each Christmas Eve. I love it because is reminds of the "reason for the season" and also reminds me of how talented my dad is.
3rd. My idea for teaching Jackson about Christmas is I bought a little kids nativity set on clearance last year and we just got it out today and talked about it. It it something that he could look at and hold and touch and play with. I hope it helps him understand it.
So I'm sure I'm too late, but here are my 2 bits. :)
One more thing. How in the heck do you have time to do such amazing, cute crafts? You're amazing. I can barely get the house cleaned and dishes done each day. I don't know how you do it!
Becky, what in the world?! This advent calendar is darling!!! Am I too late? It is still Saturday night, right? I just checked your blog and wait for me...
1. Thinking of this past year I would say I am most grateful for my family. I know I just gave this same answer in our card exchange, but it is the honest truth. I truely didn't know if my husband was going to survive his accident last year on Thanksgiving. And that was a scary thing for me. I had no idea how I was going to support 3 little kids, a new baby and a husband with brain damage or who knows what problems he could have had. The Lord was definatley watching over us and has truely blessed us. And of course I have to say that my #4 baby has been such a blessing. She is such a joy to have. So FAMILY is my answer!
And I have to laugh at your comment you put with the picture of Garret and your darling boys. I totally see Garret in Tyler! And that picture of the three of them together, I must say Little Sam is another Garret look alike. Becky, you have a darling family. We love and miss you guys so so much! Tell the boys hello!
PS- This is Cindi!
Post a Comment