Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Harvest Halloween

Last night was our ward's trunk or treat party, so the Halloween festivities have already gotten off to a start. So...since we got back from Idaho in August, Tyler has said that he wanted to be a farmer for Halloween (surprise, surprise). So, a farmer he was.
And he made a pretty dang cute farmer, if I do say so myself. So, when the older brother wants to be a farmer, what do you dress up the baby brother as to make for a dynamic duo???
Yes, that's right... None other than a cob of corn. We brought a touch of our dear Iowa to Louisiana last night with our farmer and his ear of corn and had there been a prize for Duo of the Year, I'm pretty sure they would have gone home with it (says the proud mom of the members of said Duo).
And since you have to have something to haul your crops in, we had to pack him around in a John Deere wagon, otherwise known as the farmer's tractor. Although, the farmer much preferred riding in his 'tractor' than pulling it around. So, here is the farmer and his prize crop of the year. He was so proud of his crop!
And you know I love me a yummy cob of corn, but I'm pretty dang sure I've never seen a corn cob with such delicious cheeks as these!
And I have to thank ebay for being a place where I can find all sorts of random things to put together these costumes. Yes, every item my kids were wearing last night came from ebay! And even better for me, I didn't have to pack them around to stores all over town looking for costumes. :)

14 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

SOOO cute- I love the ear of corn, and yes those cheeks look pretty tasty to me. Your little farmer is adorable too. Looks like a lot of fun- we have our trunk or treat on Wednesday night and my kids can't wait!!

Lexi said...

Tyler looked so adorable and cute all dressed up in his farmer costume. I have to say that his costume was the most thoughtful and put together- I can't wait for the day when I can hunt down pieces to make the perfect costume.
Oh and Sam just looked so snuggly and sweet in his husk! ;-)

cshel said...

Love the hat!! They look awesome!

Anonymous said...

You were right...definitely the best Duo! Tyler's a cute li'l farmer and had a very adorable crop!! :) I wish I was there....love ya

{Erica} said...

gotta love ebay!

The Nielsen Family said...

You are the ebay queen. I definitely think you get the prize for not only cuteness but creativity. How stinkin fun is that to have a farmer and cob of corn. I LOVE IT!!! They look adorable in their costumes.

Bella said...

That is one the cutest things! I love the pic of the two of them! How are you handling two kids now?

Hillary said...

I must agree that they are VERY cute! Sounds like the little farmer had a great time and that corn looks pretty yummy! Talk to you soon. Have fun!!!

M & S Eagar said...

Oh Becky - you win!!! That is the cutest Halloween duo I've ever seen! You really need to enter some sort of contest. Wonderful idea.

aidanjordan said...

So darn cute I can't stand it!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a tastier looking cob of corn or a more proud farmer! Is Sam looking more like Tyler all the time? I can't wait to see for myself, tomorrow! See you soon! MomA

THE BEAN FAMILY : aaron,candace,ashlyn,alysse, and macey said...

That is sooo cute! I tried to get my girls to wear coordinating costumes but no they wouldnt have it! They both look so cute! What a handsome farmer! And way to go ebay!

kdance said...

I love it!!! Corn on the cob??? How hysterical! I love that the 2 boys coordinated. Remember when you were a farmer for Halloween a couple of years ago? I wanted to be a farmer to match Evan's billy goat costume (and borrow a cob from an obliging field, like you), but I gave up on that. I should have had you find me some stuff on eBay! ;)

Sarah C said...

I love the Halloween costumes. Your kids look so cute.