Well, I guess it's back to reality for us. We spent 12 days surrounded by our families and loved every minute of it. And now the house is quiet, there is an emptiness here, and we are all adjusting and getting back on schedule. We were so lucky to have Garrett's parents, my parents, my brother Charlie and his wife Whitney, and my brother Carter all join us for Sam's blessing. I hope they all had a good time because we sure did! And it was so fun to have my boys get all the attention for almost two weeks. I guess since the visits are fewer because we live so far away, we make the most of every minute we can spend together.
On the agenda during the last two weeks were events such as: Halloween & trick or treating, the air show, ward trunk or treat, a visit to the Children's Museum, trips to the park, eating lunch at Subway with Grandma & Grandpa, everyone meeting little Sam for the first time and enjoying his super sweet smile and listening to his delightful voice learning how to 'talk', Swamp Fest at the zoo, a trip to the French Quarter, Sam's baby blessing, a chartered fishing trip for all of the 'older' boys, and eating at various yummy restaurants. And...Grandma & Grandpa T took Tyler and Sam to Chuck E. Cheese's while Garrett and I enjoyed a wonderful date at K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen for dinner. Dates are very much few and far between for us, so it was wonderful and Tyler got a pretty good end of the deal too by getting to go out with the grandparents for the evening! I have pictures of most of the events, but my camera was not working for the last two days and it was killing me to not take pictures! But do not fear, I believe I have figured out what was wrong and it is now working again (dirty sensors on the camera that were causing it not to communicate with the lens properly---for those of you who are interested to know...). I can't even begin to say what troopers our little guys were with all that was going on. Little Sam was especially good considering he was getting drug around more than he had in the previous 6 weeks of his life combined! So, now we're just trying to keep busy and catch up on life and try to think of all the fun we had and great memories we made instead of how much we are totally missing everyone! I'll start with posts from Halloween and a few more. And over the next few days I'll be posting from all of the other events.
On the agenda during the last two weeks were events such as: Halloween & trick or treating, the air show, ward trunk or treat, a visit to the Children's Museum, trips to the park, eating lunch at Subway with Grandma & Grandpa, everyone meeting little Sam for the first time and enjoying his super sweet smile and listening to his delightful voice learning how to 'talk', Swamp Fest at the zoo, a trip to the French Quarter, Sam's baby blessing, a chartered fishing trip for all of the 'older' boys, and eating at various yummy restaurants. And...Grandma & Grandpa T took Tyler and Sam to Chuck E. Cheese's while Garrett and I enjoyed a wonderful date at K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen for dinner. Dates are very much few and far between for us, so it was wonderful and Tyler got a pretty good end of the deal too by getting to go out with the grandparents for the evening! I have pictures of most of the events, but my camera was not working for the last two days and it was killing me to not take pictures! But do not fear, I believe I have figured out what was wrong and it is now working again (dirty sensors on the camera that were causing it not to communicate with the lens properly---for those of you who are interested to know...). I can't even begin to say what troopers our little guys were with all that was going on. Little Sam was especially good considering he was getting drug around more than he had in the previous 6 weeks of his life combined! So, now we're just trying to keep busy and catch up on life and try to think of all the fun we had and great memories we made instead of how much we are totally missing everyone! I'll start with posts from Halloween and a few more. And over the next few days I'll be posting from all of the other events.
The proud parents of the farmer and cob of corn above and a set of proud grandparents below.
I can't even begin to tell you how fun it was to have grandparents here for Halloween and see the boys in their costumes. We felt so lucky to have them here. And they enjoyed it because it was actually WARM for them for Halloween (definitely don't get that in Idaho!). We walked around trick or treating without coats or even jackets and had so much fun. Sam was roasting by the end of the evening. But roasted corn on the cob is pretty tasty I guess!




We took Tyler to the park one day and enjoyed the beautiful weather we are having and had a photo shoot with Grandpa & Grandma T (more of these pictures to come later), and I wanted to post the picture of Tyler above because it is so Tyler. He laughed and laughed and laughed with all of these people entertaining him and this picture just captured it perfectly!
Another picture from the park.
Tyler was enjoying some pooning (that's 'pudding' for those of you who don't speak Tyler's language) with Grandpa. And more pictures to come later...





5 comments:
Becky~
I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with everyone! I know that G&G T LOVED being there with you all. I wish we could all be together. I can't tell you how much I would love it! I hope all is well and that everyone is readjusting to the quiet again! Love you!
Grandparents are the best. It is hard to have them come, only to have them leave!! Love all the pics. Hey by the way what kind of camera do you have? I am thinking about upgrading- just wondering!!
We had a great time---but it is just as hard to leave for us too. It makes for a sad flight home and we are still sort of moping but so much to do here it helps take our mind off it. We had so much fun going to the air show, the swamp fest, fishing and all the other stuff but just being with you guys was great. It was great to meet little Sam in person and kiss his little cheeks and be entertained by Tyler. We just look forward to the next visit---whenever!!! Take care and give the little boys a hug and kiss from us. Love you all. Grandpa and Grandma T
Looks like a great time....can't wait to see more pics!
It's so hard to say goodbye to family! We always say "see ya later" and not "goodbye" and we always try to plan for the next time before we leave. That seems to make it easier :) Glad you enjoyed your time together! The boys are just darling!
Post a Comment