Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Night Cap

,
When Sam was born, he wore a little hat in the hospital, just like all babies do (one that was way too big and fell off all the time, by the way). So, when we brought him home from the hospital the first night, I felt like I should put a hat on him before he went to bed. I don't know why exactly and I can't remember doing it with Tyler or anything, but we keep our house at a pretty cool temperature and of course I didn't want him to get cold. So, he went to bed with a hat on. And he slept. He slept for six glorious solid hours the first night home from the hospital. So, just like any one who loves their sleep, I did not want to jinx things and I did the exact same ritual the next night, and the next, and the next. And each night I continued to get good sleep. So, it became habit and before I knew it, Sam was two months old and still sleeping with his little night cap on every night. And this kid sleeps too, let me tell ya--so maybe this is why?!?! I am sure he is probably to the point where he'd be fine without it, which is a good thing because he's going to be grown out of it any day now, but I can't help but put it on him before bed just in case he may not sleep as good. I mean, who wants to wake up if we can avoid it, right?! So here is Sam well rested, freshly fed, after a good night of sleeping in his night cap!
He must like it too, because he wakes up about as happy as can be every morning with a smile on his face and a sparkle in his eye.

This is honestly much of the memory I'll have of little Sam as a newborn--sporting his cap with his jammies and being as happy as can be. We love him!

8 comments:

{Erica} said...

beautiful pictures becky...and darling little boy!

Heitmann Family said...

So cute, I love the night cap!!!

Lexi said...

I just want to eat him up- he is so darling! Fantastic pictures as always!

cshel said...

Becky - he is the sweetest little boy! I love his little sweet smile and the way his eyes light up. You must come for a visit so we can see him up close and personal. Cute cute cap too! :-)

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing him in his little night cap. (I think I might have to wear one there too!!! jk) He is so cute and those pictures are so good. He looks so happy. I just want to hold him and kiss him. Do that for me k? love you guys. grandma t

Anonymous said...

What a cute little blue eyed boy! I love him and want to hold him and have him smile at me and rock him to sleep. I'm so glad he's so good for you. Give him and Tyler hugs and kissed from Grandpa and me. Love MomA

Hillary said...

Lookin' good Sammy, lookin' good!! Becky, those pictures look so good and bright. Did you get your thing to work finally? Hope all is well!

kdance said...

Those pictures are to die for! This post reminds me of how we used to swaddle Evan. We swaddled him for 5 months straight because I didn't want to jinx his sleep habits. One day, I just stopped because he busted out of the swaddle most of the time anyway. By then, it didn't even phase him.