March 17, 2008
What could be better than waking up to green milk, green eggs, and green pancakes? Not much, according to Tyler. St. Patrick's Day was a huge hit, since the kid is quite literally OBSESSED with the color green. I didn't know you could really love a color that much. But he does. So, green day was full of fun things for Tyler to do. Apparently green food coloring adds a big kick of flavor to a breakfast because Tyler kept saying "I love this green breakfast. I love these green eggs. They are delicious." (and things like that...) And don't think because Garrett was joining us that it means I got up extra early and made breakfast before he left the house...(because he usually leaves long before breakfast occurs at our house. I'm a good wife, I know, I know...). It just means we convinced him to go in to the office a bit late so he could share in the festivities. Tyler also thought that was a huge bonus to "Patrick Day"!
So, then we got our special "Patrick Day" shirts on and blew up some balloons. Or I should say "I" blew up some balloons. Tyler wasn't much help!
Then we went to work making these butter cookies in shamrock shapes.
For some reason the cookie making process bought all sorts of silly sayings out of Tyler's mouth. At first we started and he said "I'm really impressed with these green cookies!". And then when he was rolling the dough he said "I am really enjoying myself, Mommy." And when he was eating a cookie, I hear "Wow, these cookies are really tasty." And at that point I started looking all over the place for my 3 year old because I was sure I was conversing with a 35 year old at that point instead. What a nut!
Butter cookies--another big hit for everyone (but not a big hit for my arteries, I'm sure!). And we loved adding some green frosting!
Tyler entertained Sam as you can see his "game face" above.... (I love that face!)
And Sam just tried some frosting for the first time. A big hit, indeed. And then his focus was solely on where he could get his next fix.And I was just feeling incredibly LUCKY to be able to spend St. Patrick's Day and every day with these two strapping young lads and to have a husband who is so supportive of me in doing so!!






5 comments:
Becky - this sounds like so much fun!! I should be so ambitious since St. Pat's is big in our family. I'm going to steal your ideas for next year. :-)
Looks so fun! How bout you send me some of those yummy looking cookies in the mail~ they look so good!
BECKY: Your little boys are so lucky to have you to celebrate everything. That looks so fun. All we did growing up is wear green so we didnt get pinched. Then I married Jim and we did the corned beef and cabbage thing and that was fun but I never did do green eggs and pamcakes. Fun Garrett could enjoy the festivities too. You guys have lots of fun memories and pictures. Thanks for sharing. love and miss you guys. Little Sammy is changing so much. He is growing so much. I just want to kiss his little chubby cheeks. love you and miss you. momt
BECKY: Your little boys are so lucky to have you to celebrate everything. That looks so fun. All we did growing up is wear green so we didnt get pinched. Then I married Jim and we did the corned beef and cabbage thing and that was fun but I never did do green eggs and pamcakes. Fun Garrett could enjoy the festivities too. You guys have lots of fun memories and pictures. Thanks for sharing. love and miss you guys. Little Sammy is changing so much. He is growing so much. I just want to kiss his little chubby cheeks. love you and miss you. momt
I love doing the Green thing! I think it is so much fun to have kids to do the kind of things I grew up doing.
Post a Comment