Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Love of 5 Months

Feb. 14, 2008
A post all about my little Sam!
So, I've known this really great guy for, like, 5 months now and I think he's so totally sweet and I kind of, like, want to be with him all the time. He makes my heart melt, my knees buckle, and even takes my breath away. He has piercing blue eyes that sparkle and shine and a laugh that is contagious. My mood can change instantly when he just flashes a quick smile in my direction. Could it be love? I think it must because all I know is I love being with him and love the thoughts of being with him for an eternity.... *Sigh* Yup, it's love... Seriously, 5 months old already? (well, and as I type this, he is much closer to 6 months old, even though the pictures are of the day he turned 5 months--on Valentine's Day).
My little love here seems to love life as he's pretty pleasant and happy most of the time. Loves eating his hands still. Loves Tyler. Loooooves his mama, oh yes he does. Just ask the babysitter... Loves his daddy too, but is looking to be a mama's boy more and more each day (at least for now, I guess!). Loves being held. Loves to tell stories. Loves sleeping for 10 hours at night (and his mama loves him for this sooo much!). We are just so full of love because of this little man!
Does not love flying on airplanes. Does not love getting left with a babysitter. Has developed a very serious cry...a scream, rather, reserved only for very special moments like flying on a plane or getting left with a babysitter. Makes these times even more difficult since he is usually such a happy little chump and it provides no way to console him. So sad!
Oh, ain't that the truth? He stole my heart, indeed. And I am pretty sure he is to blame for stealing some other things too. Like my waistline for instance. I have had a great deal of trouble locating it since he came into the picture. Hmmmm, interesting. It's gotta be his fault, that's all I can say. :)

10 comments:

cshel said...

Terrific pictures Becky! My favorite is of him laying on the floor and you can read his shirt. :-) How could you not love such a sweet and beautiful little boy. Thanks for sharing!

Heitmann Family said...

What a dumpling!! Love the picture and the commentary is great too.

Steph said...

Hi Becky!
It's Serena's old roommate Steph...of course I remember you! :)
Look at YOUR cute kids! What handsome guys! We'll have to keep in touch so Maya and Sam can hang out when they get to be 16 :).
Zach will be 4 in August and Maya was born on 9/11. So it looks like our kids are close in age!
Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. Now that I know you have one, I will be checking it out! Now we just need Serena May to get on the boat!
Steph

Steph said...

Oh, and I was also going to say that Maya stole my waistline too... seriously. I keep telling my husband that I think she permanently severed my stomach muscles. There ARE no muscles any more. Wah.

The Nielsen Family said...

What a sweet post. I loved reading it and looking at Sam's adorable pictures. He is the cutest little boy!!!

kdance said...

I can't believe how many posts I've missed in the past couple of weeks! Where to begin. Well, I have to say that Kings Cake brought back memories. Somebody over-nighted one of those to Whitfield and Eddy a couple of years ago. I ate probably half of it...

I can't believe all that snow and those crazy icicles! I bet it made you miss New Orleans.

I love this post about Sam. I love the way you write. I also love you comment about the "scream only reserved for special occasions." Evan reserved one of those (or an hour or two worth of) screams for tonight. The joy of teething (or whatever it is that's making him refuse to go to bed).

Anyway, I need to keep better tabs on this post. It seems like you didn't post forever when you left for Idaho, so I got lazy. Can't wait to see more!!!

{Erica} said...

LOVED these pictures. He's such a cutie and looks yummy in red with his chunk-a-licious cheeks! What a cute little family you have!

THE BEAN FAMILY : aaron,candace,ashlyn,alysse, and macey said...

What a total doll...well i will keep having girls and you keep having boys and we can marry them all off!!!

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

Such a beautiful little guy. I can see how he's stolen your heart :)

Anonymous said...

He is such a doll. We love him and little Tyler so much. They are darling pictures. Love and miss you. Grandma t