I am taking a little break from playing Guitar Hero on the Wii to start with my blog updating. And to start with my holiday updating, I must go back about a week before Christmas. I took these cookies to a cookie exchange and thought I'd share the recipe with you. I know you obviously won't be able to make one to put out for Santa or anything, but maybe you can use it next year or make a yummy valentine's heart. And let me say, this is the BEST cut out cookie recipe I have ever used. I have tried many and this is the one I will always use. I credit my friend Kristy for the recipe. She was right when she said it was the best one around. And keep in mind, they are called butter cookies for a reason. :) Here is the recipe:5 sticks butter
6 cups flour
3 cups sugar
3 eggs
3/4 tsp. vanilla
Cream together butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla; beat. Add flour. Roll out on a heavily floured surface about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut out shapes. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet. Cookies should not brown and will not rise, but will spread slightly. Allow to cool before removing from sheet.
The cookies are good even without frosting, so you can frost or leave unfrosted as you wish. :) And really, they are the softest cookies and melt in your mouth (because of the 5 stick of butter I assume!). Enjoy!

And of course the funnest part was decorating, because it meant Tyler got to use GREEN frosting. :) But like any decorating endeavor, it turned into a frosting eating event instead.





4 comments:
I am so glad you posted that recipe. I love those cookies and I love them without frosting and I think they are good for breakfast, lunch and dinner and snack before bed. Who need a meal? You know me. I loved those pictures of little T with his chubby little wrist frosting the cookies. Love grandma T
I didn't even read your whole post before I caught the FIVE sticks of butter in the recipe. I'm like, man, those have to be good. Thanks for posting it. I'm always looking for a good new recipe to try. Sounds like you have had a good Christmas season!
Yum! What's up with Guitar Hero??? Everyone plays this except for me. I only just heard about it. Apparently I'm way behind on the cool new games.
I was planning on making horse sugar cookies & taking them to preschool for Gracie's b-day. Do you recommend this recipe? Will little kids like them as well as traditional sugar cookies and do you frost with regular powdered sugar frosting? One more question, how many cookies will it make, roughly? It looks like a huge recipe. Marilee (dmpacker@gmail.com)
Post a Comment