2 of the 3 loves of my life...
OK, here we are recap'ing Valentine's Day 3 weeks later... It seems I took a zillion pictures that day so I've tried to narrow it down to a "few" and remember everything we did that day. There is one thing for sure--we were definitely feeling the love on Valentine's Day! I felt loved, my kids felt loved, Garrett probably didn't feel all that loved since he was in NOLA all by himself...poor guy. We thought about him all day and hope he knows we missed him dearly!!
The day started with getting dressed in some new Valentine shirts, compliments of Old Navy.
Then Grandpa Andersen sent balloons to the house for the boys. They were a BIG hit!
And Garrett had flowers sent to my parents house for me. What a guy! An arrangement of white daisies and red tulips. Red tulips!! They were gorgeous. It was kind of fun to not have roses in it!
And then it was on to the serious task of valentine making. Tyler was SO funny doing this! I can't even tell you. We snuck into my mom's craft room and got out some supplies and let him doll up some valentines. And we got out all the reds, pinks, and white papers we could find. And I was digging some more items out of the cupboard and turned around and Tyler had climbed up on the chair and was pulling down the green paper. He said that we HAD to have green!! He is obsessed, seriously, obsessed! (so, we've already had some discussion and let's just say St. Patrick's Day is already HIGHLY anticipated at our house this year. We're going all out and Tyler can't wait!) It was so funny. So he got to work and as you can see above, he was pretty intense. He was cutting, taping, and gluing with his tongue sticking out and his brow furrowed. Never have you seen a valentine with more tape or glue on it, that's all I can say! I cut out some hearts for him and after that, he just went to town on them.
And he insisted on giving the special green one to Grandpa T AND Sammy. So, he said that they had to share it. I hope Grandpa doesn't mind! He was so excited about these crazy cut-up-taped-and-glued-together valentines, it was just too cute! We delivered them to Grandma & Grandpa and Hillary and Cash when G'ma & G'pa took us out for lunch. Yummy!
And then Marilee and Doug were gracious enough to have us over (again!) to crash on their Valentines night. I'm sure our presence added to the ambiance of a very romantic evening! ha! So we ate heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphys and watched Tyler's new Thomas movie from Grandma & Grandpa T and played with Rhett and Gracie.
Gracie really took to Sam that night. I guess she was just feelin' the love. And Sam just took to her hair and quite enjoyed pulling it!
And topped it off with some yummy Valentine cupcakes that Marilee made. Yummy!






2 comments:
Love the pictures - especially of the two brothers together. So fun. Those flowers are beautiful - what a fun arrangement. Garrett did himself proud.
Awh, so cute! I am glad Sam is such a good baby (what would that be like??!!?). He is so cute, too! A belated Happy Valentine's Day to all of you :)
Post a Comment