Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Day in Paris

February 6, 2008
Ahhhh, a trip to Paris. What more could you ask for? A trip to Paris (Idaho) is always a favorite adventure of ours when we head home. Garrett's grandma lives there and we love having enough time to take a little day trip to her house. She and Garrett have always been really close. It's cute! So, we took our boys and Hillary and Cash came along and we got to spend some time with Lucille for the day. She always goes way out of her way to cook up a big meal for lunch (even though according to her, she can't hardly get around anymore or cook a dang thing!). It's always delicious and always consists of meat and potatoes and homemade bread. Yummmm. Spending the day in Paris is always nice and relaxing because with a population of 576 people, there's not a whole lot going on! And with freshly fallen snow, the sun shining, and blue skies, it was a beautiful day as well.
We quickly noticed this HUGE icicle hanging from the side of her house and Hillary was bound and determined to knock it down with a shovel.
Because really, "what the heck would you do in a situation like that? Gosh!"
So, with Lucille's boots on, she headed out to get the job done. I think she was tracking down some ligers while she was at it too. Or maybe she found some chickens with large talons. I'm not really sure. (can you tell we watched Napoleon Dynamite yesterday?) Oh yeah, and she borrowed Garrett's coat.
And then Garrett thought it would be fun to beat up on his little sister.
And Garrett won. Poor Hillary. And she couldn't even get close enough to knock down the icicle. So, all that for nothin'!
We loved having a chance to introduce Sam to Great Grandma Wilks (Lucille). It seemed that they got along pretty well!



And here's to another trip highlight because a day in Paris is ALWAYS a highlight for all of us!

11 comments:

Hillary said...

Gosh! You're just jealous of my sweet boots!

Kayleen said...

Oh these pictures are priceless! And Hillary, I do love those Sweet boots. We just watched Napolean on tv too!

cshel said...

Fun pictures! Sam is getting so big. He sure is a cutie!

Lexi said...

Ah man! That would have been a fun icesicle to demolish too! I loved the pictures of Sam with Lucille. Very cute. He has such a sweet little face! I love it!

Heitmann Family said...

Always wonderful to have great-grandparents to visit. Loved the killer boots!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of Lucille, Becky! You'll treasure those forever. I loved the 1st pic of the branches too. Love MomA

Shay said...

Those were such great pictures! I feel more relaxed, after reading about it and seeing the pics. How nice to spend a beautiful winter day in a tiny town in Idaho!

Alison said...

What happened to Sam's hair??? It looks sooo dark! He is a cutie and I think looking more and more like a Thalgott!

Anonymous said...

Mom always appreciates you so much taking the time out of your very busy schedule to make a trip to big Bear Lake!! She has some nice snow boots and I tell her she needs to ditch those "sweet" boots but she hangs on to them. She has never seen or heard of Napolean you know!!! I hadnt heard of the snow fight. Looks like fun---but cold. I'm glad you could all go there. It was a great day for mom I know. Thanks you guys. Love you. mom

Ashley said...

That looks so fun, Paris looks great, I always love places like that, when you say you visited Paris and they are like, "LUCKY" (I was trying to fit with the Napolean theme.

The Nielsen Family said...

Sam just melts my heart he is so darn cute. I think he could do commercials! And Hillary is totally pulling off the Napolean!