All right, Hillary. Here goes...
20 Years Ago: I was in 1st grade at Pingree Elementary in Mrs. Atwood's class, about to turn 7 years old. I loved Cabbage Patch dolls and hated Barbies. My aspirations in life were to grow up and be a mom and have 6 kids, just like my mom--who only had 6 kids at the time, and had one more after that. (For the record, I still want to be just like my mom, but I'm not so sure about the 6 or 7 kids part.)10 Years Ago: I was a junior at SRHS, almost 17 years old. I had just returned from a trip to England to pick up my older brother off of his mission. I had played varsity volleyball that year and had just made the varsity softball team. I was taking tons of art classes. I was starting to consider running for Senior Class president. My sweet ride was a maroon 1984 Mercury Cougar--oh, so sweet.
5 Years Ago: I was living in Provo. Taking some classes at BYU. I was working at ProModel (a software company, not a modeling agency just in case you were wondering!). Garrett was preparing to graduate from BYU and was starting to hear back from law schools. We were planning trips to visit different schools and deciding where we would spend the next three years. We visited Des Moines and decided on Drake and started making arrangements to move that summer. We spent a ton of time mountain biking and driving to Blackfoot on the weekends trying to get in "one last_______(fill in the blank)" before we moved. It was exhausting!
3 Years Ago: Living in Des Moines. I was a new mommy. I was loving being a mommy! I had just gone back to work (at MediNotes) after having Tyler. It was hard. I did not enjoy balancing both jobs. Garrett was finishing up his second year of law school and we were dirt poor. But we were having a blast! I scrapbooked a lot. We were starting to "settle it up" with the Nielsens just about every night of the week (that was the beginning of a very great relationship!).
1 Year Ago: I was very newly pregnant with Sam. Nobody knew--not for a long long time. I had just got back from a quick trip to Florida with Tyler to meet up with Garrett's parents while Garrett took the Bar. It took every ounce of willpower to not tell them I was pregnant. I had lived in New Orleans for 8 months and was still very much adjusting to life here. Tyler and I spent a lot of time at the zoo, the aquarium, the library, and the Childrens Museum.
So far this year: Cleaned a lot of house, done a lot of laundry, celebrated Mardi Gras, spent 2 1/2 weeks in Idaho and had many adventures there, flew home by myself with two kids. 'Nuff said.
Yesterday: We amazingly got ourselves out of the house by 10:00 and went to play group. Came home and had lunch, the kids napped, I worked on cleaning out closets. You're all jealous, I know. Fixed leftovers for dinner.
Today: I took Tyler to the doctor, went to Kid to Kid and sold a bunch of clothes, went to McDonalds for lunch. More re-organizing while kids napped, went for a walk and got our neighbors' mail once the boys woke up. Made dinner, picked up a prescription and went to the Kupcake Factory for dessert.
Tomorrow: Sleep in (ok, yeah right!), do the dishes, go shopping with Garrett for a new-to-us pick up. (the 'old old junky gray' one is on its last leg). And who knows what else. Hopefully just enjoy Daddy's day off.
This year: Hopefully lose the baby weight, continue learning photography, raise two strapping young lads who never talk back and always say 'yes, ma'am', experience and love NOLA even more, scrapbook again, and enjoy every day!
I tag: Melissa T., Aimee H., Lindsay N., Lexi M., Amber C., and anyone else who would like to. I can't wait to read about you all!





2 comments:
Cute! Thanks for that! How fun!
That's funny that you didn't like Barbies because I was the same way. I had them, but I didn't really like to play with them.
It took FOREVER to take their clothes on or off and after 15 minutes of dressing them and setting up house it just got boring. I was always trying to cut their hair or practice braiding on them- other than that, they sat in my closet!
Even though it was hard at first adjusting to New Orleans life, I'm glad that you and Garrett and Tyler (and Sam!) are here and I got to meet you. You are super talented, funny, sweet and you always have the BEST stories! It's been fun getting to know you!
Post a Comment