Monday, July 9, 2007

A Recap of the Last Month...

Here is a little recap of the events that took place in our family over the last month. Some are more eventful than others, but here is a recap, nonetheless... :)

*** Tyler is out of diapers. Now I know that is one event that is probably not that exciting to the rest of the world, but in our household, this is BIG NEWS. With "Baby Brother" on the way here soon, this couldn't have happened at a better time. I never knew how exciting it would be to put a sticker on the potty chart and how much that chart could consume my life... But I do have to admit, Tyler didn't put up much of a fight and has done a great job with this whole 'big boy/potty' thing we've got going on. (and yes, I'm fully aware that Tyler will probably never appreciate that picture, but I couldn't resist!!)
***Tyler graduated to a 'big boy bed' and the crib has found a new location and awaits the arrival of "Baby Brother". I wanted to make sure he had plenty of time to adjust to his new bed before his old one was being used by his new competition. Again, I have to say that Tyler has handled it with ease. He jumped right in and has never looked back. *disclaimer--that bedspread is only temporary as I search for the perfect airplane themed room for my boys. I have big visions for it, but not a big budget for it, so it will take a little time to get there... :)

***We said good bye to the high chair (for the time being) and Tyler now sits in a booster seat at the table. He was glad to give up his high chair for Baby Brother to use when he gets big enough for it. (no pictures of this event...LOL)

***We bought a grill and have grilled our dinner literally about 5 nights a week in the last months. And we're not sick of it yet! I love it since it means pretty much zero preparation on my part and hardly any clean up and I know we always have something we can make for dinner. And Tyler loves to cook on the "big drill". (that means grill, for those of you who don't speak Tyler)

***Garrett was set apart as the new Elders Quorum President in our ward. (again, no photos...)

***We enjoyed having Garrett have a day off for the 4th of July. It's always so much fun to get an extra day to spend time together as a family!

***Tyler finally cut his 2 year molars.

***I am 30 weeks pregnant, 3/4 of the way, 10 weeks to go... Holy cow, how did that happen?! This one is flying by! (and believe me, no picture of that one!)

And now we'll see what this next month brings...

11 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't wait to see Tyler again! I am so glad that you are blogging!

Lexi said...

I love the layout! You'll have to tell me how you do collage pictures and how you put pictures on your blog title. Very cool. The future baby Thalgott has some serious competetion ahead of him- Tyler is a cutie! No worries here though... if he looks like any of you, he'll look great!

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures! What a good way to stay in touch. Good luck with the birth of your second son. I didn't even know that you were expecting!

The Nielsen Family said...

Okay Becky, this is your first blog ever and you totally come on and put the rest of us bloggers to shame! What is it with you and perfection with it comes to anything creative? How did you already know how to do all those awesome things? I LOVE all your pictures. You could go professional for sure. I can't believe how big T is, especially the black and white one with his shirt off. My favorite picture of all I think is T putting. TOO CUTE!! He is a little GT! Missing you guys like crazy.

Amber Freakin Nielsen

Maxwells said...

I was just thinking of you guys the other day and wondering how you were doing. I am so glad to be able to check out you awesome blog!

M & S Eagar said...

Oh my gosh...your baby boy grew up...into quite the little cutie! I really enjoyed your blog. I totally agree with Amber about your amazing creativity. Anyway, congrats on your upcoming arrival and I look forward to keeping in touch through the wonderful world that is blogging.

Stacy

Shay said...

Tyler looks so much like Garret in that first picture! Congrats on the potty training! I'm looking forward to that with Avary (although it doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon). I agree that you're blog is so creative. I've been trying to figure out how to do some of those things for months, and still haven't figured it out!

cshel said...

Love your blog!! It will be so fun to see and read what your family is up to. Tyler is a doll!!!

Bella said...

Oh my gosh your little boy is probably one of the cutest little boys I've ever seen! (excluding my own of course) I love the black and white one! Congrats on the new one coming! Can't wait for the pics on that one!

Maxwells said...

Love the potty chart, did you make that?

Becky T said...

Toni, yeah I made that potty chart. Believe me, it was very easy and I did not put much time into it! :)