Thursday, July 26, 2007

Oh, the potential rumors...

OK, so I had to get this story down for posterity's sake. :) And Tyler will probably get a kick out of it when he's older...

So, I have to give some background first. I often ask Tyler the question: "who does Mommy love?" and he usually very proudly gives the three answers: "Tyler, baby Brother, and Daddy." So, this kid has been taught well, right?

OK, so then lately a favorite activity of his has been coming with me to get the mail and he gets especially excited if he gets to see the mail man at our mailbox and see the mail truck, etc. It's very exciting for a little boy. So yesterday, we were about to start our journey downstairs to get the mail and he was being especially cute, so I asked him the good ole question: "Tyler, who does Mommy love?" Of course I was expecting the three standard answers... And he was so excited and replied: "the mailman!!". I couldn't help but laugh pretty hard thinking I hope he doesn't go telling people that! And I used to think I wanted this next baby to look just like me (since Tyler looks just like his dad), but if Tyler's telling people that Mommy loves the mailman, maybe I'd better hope I get another Garrett look-alike with this one (just to be safe)! :)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so funny!

The Nielsen Family said...

Oh my gosh, you don't get much cuter than that!!! Tyler you are the cutest! By the way, have fun in Idaho. I assume you are going out for Angie's wedding, give my congrats and call me when you get a chance, we need to talk.

Heitmann Family said...

Kids come up with the funniest things. Thanks for sharing them with us.

The Nielsen Family said...

So Matt and I pretty much think this is the funniest story, so much so that we find ourselves telling it to everyone we know. It always gets a good laugh. Tyler you are hilarious! Oh, it makes me miss you 3 and a half even more.

Brook said...

OH Tyler, you are so funny! That innocent little face makes it all the funnier!