Friday, July 13, 2007

I think I'm going to faint...

I just paid NINE DOLLARS for TWO gallons of the "cheap" milk at WalMart. In one week it has gone up $.60 a gallon. The "name brand" milk was $5.36 a gallon. Seriously, what's up with this? OK, enough ranting for now...

Oh yeah, I have to also add that we only drink 1%, and I have no idea what the whole milk cost. I can't even imagine what it was!

7 comments:

The Nielsen Family said...

OH MY GOSH!! Becky that is insane! I hope that is only happening in New Orleans because I haven't been to the grocery store lately. Between groceries and gas we are all going to the poor house.

Becky T said...

Yeah, Amber, I seriously hope for the rest of your sake that it's only in New Orleans. :) Milk has always been right around $4/gallon since we moved here a year ago. It's sick I tell ya!

Maxwells said...

Yeah it's pretty bad up here, about 4.30 for the non brand name. It's killing me. These kids and Mike go through about 4 gallons a week!! I might start watering it down on them. At least they'll have good bones. It's hard to complain when it's probably the healthiest thing they put in their body.

Bella said...

Okay is 3.09 not on sale...but goes on sale pretty regulary for 2.39! Seems like Michigan isn't as bad! I know it's going to go up though!

emily said...

Okay, so maybe it's wrong of me, but it makes me SO happy to know that I'm not the only one paying through the nose for milk!!! AK is notoriously bad for milk prices, and in the last 3 months ours has gone up an entire dollar, but I just bought 2 gallons today for $7...on the "sale" the safeway always has going. So my heart goes out to you. We go through 13 gallons a month...

cshel said...

After reading this post, I looked at the prices when I bought 2 gallons yesterday - they were around $3.39 each. Not too bad....come back to Iowa!

Dan and Amanda Arrhenius said...

WHAT THE HECK! I can not beleive that! That should be a crime for sure!