Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm Seeing Green....

...and unfortunately it's not of the monetary variety. There is something about Tyler that is just drawn to the color green. I didn't know that you could truly have a hands down favorite color at the age of 2, but I have learned differently. I don't know what sparked it, but for at least 6 months now, Tyler has had an obsession with all things green. He instists on buying green shirts when we go shopping, he eats the green M&Ms and skittles first, he prefers his green sippy cup and bowl over all the others, he swims in a green inner tube, dries off with a green towel, and requests a green popsicle when we're finished. He picked out a lovely green 4 wheeler toy for one of his potty training rewards, he wears green sandals, he bought his Daddy a green airplane for his birthday present (just what every Daddy would want, right?!), and he loves to stop walking and tell himself that green means go and then start running as fast as his little legs will carry him. So, have I made my point?! :) Whenever green is an option, green is the choice at our house! (and I can honestly say I've never been a huge fan of the color green myself, but hey, it's growing on me...)
***Oh, and a side note. There is a funny little story about that shirt that Tyler is wearing. I just bought it for him last week and I guess I realize now how much he pays attention when I talk because he put it on and was proudly showing it off to me and said "Look, mommy. New green shirt. Only 3 bucks!" Yes, I admit that I am often times very proud of the killer deals I find on kids clothes and he hears me telling my family members about them on the phone. I guess I better start watching what I say around this kid! (but I did have to correct him because it was actually only $2.75) :)

9 comments:

M & S Eagar said...

Hey Becky-

Emma was the same way at age 2 - but with purple!!! Tyler looks quite cute in that shirt (Brady has the same one) - i too love the good deals that can be found at The Children's Place.

Stacy

cshel said...

I love it! He must be Irish at heart!!

The Nielsen Family said...

His love of green probably doesn't have anything to do with the John Deere stuff he grew up with. Or maybe it is the lovely green couches you guys have. Have we told you we missed your place so much that we went out & got the same ones? Seriously we have the same lovely green turning teal leather couches and chair.

Thompson Family said...

That is so cute. You are a great writer. I have to say that when Ellie was 2 her favorite color was green. Ben and I were just laughing about it yesterday when we pulled out her little green swim towel for Anna, too bad Anna's favorite color is pink!

Nicole said...

Becky,

It was fun to see your comment on our blog! Marty will be thrilled to be able to keep up with your family better (as will I)! How fun that our kids are close in age!

Anonymous said...

Becky, I love your blog, everything you do is always so cute! Your boy is so handsom! It's so good to see and hear from you!

Hillary said...

Okay~ it's been three days and there isn't anything new on here. What is the deal? I check it and there's nothing. You act like you have other things to do than keep me entertained with your blog all day (and make me burn dinner!) Ugh...maybe tomorrow.
Love,
Hillree

The Nielsen Family said...

I agree with Hillary! :)

Amber

Heitmann Family said...

So cute!! I thought Ayden was the only one that was particular at 2, I guess I stand corrected. Love the blog!!