Friday, August 31, 2007

The Current State of Affairs

What is it with my child's mouth having a magnetic attraction to hard things? We were headed to the table to sit down to a piping hot bowl of gourmet mac 'n cheese when the alleged incident occured. And gosh, he was pretty excited about his mac 'n cheese too. But once again today, his mouth met up with one of our table chairs and this is what resulted. Instant blood, tears, and trauma.
And with the blood and the tears streaming down his face, he asked me if I would kiss it better. Hmmmm, yum. But of course I did. I guess it's all part of being a mom. So is it just my child who has had multiple fat lips, chipped front teeth, and the like or do other kids do this too? It seems we are doing it far more than we should!
And other than that, Garrett has been traveling an awful lot this month and is due to return home in a few hours and we are all very ready to see his face. Lucky for me, it was just a fat lip and not something worse. I'm glad I wasn't hauling him to the ER or delivering a baby without my hubby home. Ahhh, we'll all be glad to see him!

8 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

It is not just Tyler. I think Lauyrn has the same problem. Just this morning she fell and hit her head right on the bridge of her nose between the eyes on the corner of a shelf. Yeah she looks cute now!! She is the kid that does something on Saturday night just in time for Sunday!! The fat lip is too cute though!!

Hillary said...

Poor Tyler! I think that maybe you should look into buying him a face guard to protect that cute face! I wonder which part of his face he will injure next year for his yearly face banging up? You poor thing. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Becky. I could definately understand the "kiss" part. It is kinda gross what we will kiss. Yesterday it was pears (that I couldn't see because my eyes are so blurring from reading Twilight) and then this morning I kissed about an inch thick cheek of drool. Yummy. But, blood is altogether another thing. If I am really telling all, the first time I tried to cut Jack's fingernails with clippers, I cut his thumb so my reaction was to suck it. Really, I'm NOT a vampire. I hope Tyler feels better. Maybe seeing Dad will help, too. Hang in there you two!

Alison

Lexi said...

It's sounds like you had a rough couple of minutes there. Hopefully the sight of a returning husband and the prospect of lunch with the girls will be enough to brighten your day. Give Tyler a hug for us! I'm sure he'll be eating lots of cold popsicles to soothe that sore lip. :-( Get better soon little guy!

Melissa said...

That looks like it really hurt. I feel so bad for him!

Anonymous said...

Poor kid!! Good thing he's one of those "Tough Thalgott's" haha
~Ang~

Kris said...

Ouch! Poor kid. I've realized that they just don't pay attention. The bug has been great at the stairs for months now, however, every once in a while when she's not paying attention, there she goes down the stairs! Hope his lip is better soon!

cshel said...

Oohh...poor little guy!

Moms pretty much will do anything for their kid, huh?!