I just wanted to post a few pictures in honor of my family. With a family as big as ours, it takes an event such as a wedding, to get the whole gang together. There are seven kids in my family and now six of them are married, the seventh should be quite a few years away still (since Carter is only 12!). My parents have been married for 31 years (if I have done my math correctly) and here are the current stats: 4 daughters, 3 sons, 4 sons-in-law, 2 daughters-in-law, 5 grandsons (we'll shortly be adding the 6th), 4 granddaughters, and a partridge in a pear tree (ok, not really, but I'm sure I'm leaving something out!). Not too shabby of an accomplishment in 31 years, Mom & Dad!

This picture was taken very haphazardly. Let me explain. We had begun all of the family picture taking festivities before the reception was to begin, and of course in typical Andersen fashion, we were starting a little bit late. So as we were about to gather everyone to start doing our family's photos, the sky clouded up and yes, it started to rain. So our efforts frantically turned to taking everything inside while we waited for the rain to pass. Lucky for the sake of the reception, the rain only lasted about 15 minutes, and the rest of the night went off without a hitch. Not so lucky for our family photo since this didn't allow us any time to take one. So during the reception, we Andersen girls got to thinking and figured we'd just have the camera set up and everyone in location and pull our parents and the bride and groom out of the line for a brief second and snap some pictures FAST. So that is what we did and this is the result. So we have spouses who aren't standing by each other (i.e. me & Garrett) and all the kids shifted to one side, etc. But who cares, it's a picture of us all together and we'll always remember the craziness behind getting this ONE picture--and because of that, it's sure to always make us smile. Gosh, I love these people!

And here are the Andersen girls (me, Marilee, Angie, Serena). We all have different last names now, but we will forever remain "The Andersen Girls". And don't be fooled by this picture. We are all literally the exact same height, but a certain bride (who shall remain nameless) was wearing some awfully tall shoes that day...

And here are the grandkids: Sydney, Pallas, Gracie, & Alivia. Tyler, Rhett, Jackson, Taylor, & Talon

And this one is JUST for you, Grandpa!
9 comments:
Love the pics. It reminds me of my family. There are 8 in my family, and our family gatherings sound just like yours. I love the colors that the family is wearing, so neat. Cute kids too!!
Oh I love the pics!! Okay, don't laugh! You do not look like your about to give birth! YOu look GREAT! And #2..I was looking at your sister thinking..MAN SHE LOOKS FAMILIAR..where do I know her. It was only when I scrolled down and saw the side by side of all you "anderson girls" that I put two and two together and only recognized her because she looks like you! Haha I'm such a dork! Great pics and your little boy keeps getting cuter!
What great pictures!! Loved the ones of the kids!
My maiden name is Anderson. I think that at one point it used to be spelled like yours with the en. LOL!
Your pictures are so cute. The kids are adorable.
I am really sorry for the inconvenience, but I am going to switch my blog so that only my friends and family can look at it. I want you to be able to look at it, but I don’t know what e-mail to use fro you for the blog invitation section. Please e-mail me at crouchcouple@juno.com with the address I should use. I really love blogging. I love looking at your blog and reading your stories. I love reading the comments your write on my posts. I want to keep blogging, but I feel like I should make it more secure. I am really sorry. I don’t think this should really affect you once I get it all set up. I will try to wait and block it when I get everyone invited. Thank you for helping me with this. Thanks for being my friend. I love sharing the blogging hobby with you. Please e-mail me your e-mail address as soon as possible. Thank you!
I love these pictures!!! They are definitely some good memories! But-if I do recall, we all took our shoes OFF for the picture!!! haha Love ya Beck!! We miss you like crazy!
~Angie~
BECKY!! For being in your ninth month of pregnancy you are looking AWESOME!! I love seeing all these pictures and putting faces with the names that I've heard so much about. What a fun family and I love that Angie made this more casual with the bright fun colors and polo shirts. What a refreshing idea. Everyone looks great.
What a beautiful family. I'm the oldest of 8 and there are currently 18 grandkids I think now so we have quite the bunch and pics are always interesting!
You look fantastic! :-) Good luck with your last weeks!
Becky! What cute pics!!! What a good looking family!
Post a Comment