Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tree Hunt of '09

Well, now that we're in 2010 and all, I figured it was high time to recap our tree hunt of 2009. We took off the Saturday of Thanksgiving Weekend and went to the same place we have the last 3 years. So, therefore, I'm sure the pictures look identical to years past, just with kids who are one year older. :) It's always fun and we always love our tree. It's not your average tree since it's not a pine and it stays green and fresh all month long. And, sadly, we finally took it down yesterday, Jan 2. It's always bittersweet to take the Christmas decor down. I love the fresh start and the clean house and the space again, but hate that another holiday season flashed before my eyes!
So, we took off on the hunt with saws in hand just as we always do.

Sam was well equipped wearing his cowboy boots and all. But unfortunately, he thought that the cowboy boots made him invincible to the millions of fire ants.
Which then resulted in this. He was screaming and swatting down below and I knew immediately that he literally had ants in his pants. When ants enter the pants, the only solution is a complete removal of said pants. So, he dropped them right there amongst the trees. And I turned his pants inside out and sure enough, those little buggers had attached themselves nicely to the inside of his pants. They'd have been in there for ages if we hadn't stripped him down.
So, Sam was deemed 'all clear', and we were back in business.
And shortly thereafter, we had ourselves the perfect tree...and the pictures explain the rest.




And there we have yet another successful tree finding endeavor. Until next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found the perfect tree yet another year. Too bad you had too go searching for one in such terrible weather!!!! How could you stand the cold? Poor little Sammy with "ants in his little pants". I hadnt heard about that part of the adventure. I did notice his little cowboy boots though and thought how cute he looked. I am glad you guys have that fun tradition. Our tradition is bring it up out of the basement still standing from the year before---throw in a scentsy christmas tree scent and were there---scent and all. I know it is lame but its our age!!!! lol grandmat

The Nielsen Family said...

First off, LOVED LOVED LOVED the last picture with GT and his boys. Then LOVED T's picture of conquering the tree. But mine and Matt's favorite was Sam and the ants in his pants. Sorry to laugh at your expense Sam, but we couldn't help ourselves!