
Sooo....Santa brought this bike with training wheels on it. And after one ride with the training wheels, it was determined that they needed to come
off. So, Tyler started out the New Year, January 1, those training wheels came
off. And
off came the wheels, and
off went Tyler!

I have to say I was actually quite surprised that he
really did it. I really didn't think he was ready. But get Daddy home for the whole time during the holidays and amazing things can happen. Dads are good for things like this, I must say. They spent about an hour together one afternoon and I came out and saw my boy riding a bike all by himself!

I couldn't believe how proud
I was of him...geez!

And of course, you can just
see how proud he is of himself!


First on the agenda was taking a couple of his own dollars that he got for Christmas to buy a kickstand for his bike. Who knew buying a kickstand could be so exciting?!

I just loved hearing his commentary of "Mom, look! I'm doing it, I'm really doing it! Mom, I'm just so proud of myself." Etc, etc... It was the cutest.


He's definitely got some work to do and all. He usually still needs a little help getting started out and he's a little shaky on the turns, but it's amazing how much more comfortable it becomes each time he goes out.

Of course the fun of riding the bike hasn't come without a few scrapes and crashes and holes in the knees of brand new jeans (grrrrr....), but this boy couldn't be more excited about his newfound skill. And I couldn't be more proud of him either. I'd say our New Year was
off to a good start!
11 comments:
Way to go Tyler! Seriously, that is pretty good! I think it took me quite a few lessons to work up the courage to go it alone.
So cute! Good job Tyler and dad! :)
I was hoping to click on this post and see a freshly shaven face... but not this time:) GOOOOOO "T"
How fun! I miss bike riding so much. I can't wait for Peyton to discover bike riding too. Maybe that's just the thing I need to motivate me to get a bike for myself! :-) Good job Tyler!
I love when kids learn to ride their bikes. It must be so liberating for them. My kids were pumped too when they got kickstands. So cute!!
Nope, I can't accept it!! I can't accept that T is old enough to be riding a bike with no training wheels!!
BUT, his facial expressions were worth a thousand words and I love that you captured so many of them.
Way to go Tyler!! I love the pic where you can see Garrett's leg in the background as he is running to keep up! Good job, Ty!
Tyler, I'm so proud of you! What a big accomplishment. I'm amazed and I can't believe you're old enough to ride a bike. Way to go! Love, Grandma A
Good job "T". I cant believe it only took you one day to learn to ride without training wheels and no bad crashes. I cant wait to see you ride it in person. Maybe we can take the bikes and go for a big bike ride somewhere. We are excited to see you. Glad you didnt land in one of the lakes along your bike route!!! Love Grandma t
You seriously have the cutest little guys! I can't get enough of them!
That's so awesome, and I'm Seriously jealous of the bike weather!
Post a Comment