All righty roo...the next few posts are going to go back a ways. I questioned whether or not it was worth posting them at this point, but lately I have been looking into getting my blog printed this year and if I do end up doing that (which I am really hoping to do!), I really want everything on here, nothing left out. So don't be surprised if some really old stuff surfaces here in the next little while. :) I have felt a lot of urgency in saving all of my stuff lately. I hope it's not an omen that my computer is going to crash or something. But I've been running back ups, burning CDs, uploading my pictures to an online hosting site (all of 2009's favorite photos--ended up totally 1050 of them--took forever to upload, in case you were wondering!!!), ordering a photo book for 2009, plus prints of pictures, and now I just really want everything I've written here in a hard copy. (I know I'm a little obsessed--I just don't want to risk losing anything!) I think it will be a fun thing to look at and ready over the years. Wish me luck! :)So for starters, I have to document our trip to Swamp Fest in November. We have been going for 4 years strong now. We LOVE it! It's always held at the zoo and it's always great. The weather has been nothing but awesome every single year and this year's was no exception. So, we had our priorities straight this year and headed straight for the food! Like any festival here, the food is the main attraction. You get such a large variety in such a small space, it's great!

So, for starters, Tyler went for the Swamp Mac & Cheese (which was homemade macaroni and cheese with roast beef gravy on top. Surprisingly good actually!) And anything mac 'n cheese will work for this kid (and for most kids, I think!)
I went for the Crawgator bread (filled with crawfish/alligator sausage) and it did not disappoint. But the best was still the crabcake with Remoulade sauce (has been a favorite every year) and Garrett's Cochon du Lait po'boy (no picture...). OK, my mouth is watering now...
Sam slept peacefully in the stroller. I think we've had a sleeping child every year that we've gone!
But of course it doesn't last long. And then it was our chance to see at least a few animals. So, the sea lions were a must as they always are. The boys love love love the sea lions! And I loved watching them watch them...
And apparently the thoughts of getting a picture taken with me were absolutely terrifying for Sam. I don't blame him I suppose.
Sam was dying to see the elephants, but after about 5 seconds, he decided they were very very scary. Really, he won't go see them now, he says elephants are scary. HUH???
And have you noticed how every post lately I have to say I have no idea what's going on with Tyler's expressions in pictures anymore? Well, here we are again...above and below!










4 comments:
You are much braver than me! I don't think I could do the alligator sausage...although it did look good!
Tyler's expressions are hilarious! Looks like a fun day - thanks for sharing! Oh - and do you know where you are going to print your blog through?! I'm dying to do the same thing.
I've turned my blog into a book the past 2 years using blurb.com. They're not very expensive, and you can customize the layouts to fit your style.
I'm planning on using blurb as well. I'm glad to know you've done it and had success with it. I haven't started the actual process yet, but have been looking into it and figured I would go with them. I can't wait to get it done!
Post a Comment