All righty, I think I have finished going through all 2009 pictures (I think...but don't take my word for it just yet) and just had to throw together a post with a whole bunch of randomness, but things I took pictures of (which must mean I wanted them documented, right?). Most of these are from August & October.First item--the picture above & below. I can't remember what I was doing at the moment, but I was tied up with something so I asked Tyler to help Sam brush his teeth (which he has done before) by putting the toothpaste on the toothbrush and then letting Sam do the rest. But apparently this time, Tyler took things very literally. Sam came waltzing out of the bathroom and I saw him looking like this and Tyler said "Mom, he kind of wiggled while I was brushing his teeth." I'd say so... And it also looks like Tyler may have put the entire tube of toothpaste on the toothbrush. Oh boy!

Next up, in October I found out the Curious George himself was going to be at the Children's Museum. We are quite fond of George at our house, so I knew we had to be there. So, we did...and Tyler loved him. Sam, on the other hand, thought the life size George was freakishly scary. Are you sensing a theme here??? {mascot type things & Sam do not mix--I was AMAZED that he would get close to Santa Claus this year}

Another item...back in August I had just given Sam a haircut and wanted to put him in the bath. I started running the water and turned my head for like 2 seconds and turned back around to see this. Hmmmm...and let me tell you, a diaper after it has been dunked in the bath tub is HEAVY.

And now...back in August, I don't know what it was. I don't know if it was post-vacation blues or the stifling heat or what...but these boys were at each other night and day. Sam was still in his 'scream 24/7' mode and it made things much, much worse. I never would have thought my younger child would be the bully! But these pictures were taken on a morning when things were surprisingly calm and I just loved that they were sitting there together being nice to each other. Awwww.But to give you a glimpse at some of the things that were said at the time (yes, I made a little list as I was slightly amused by them), here are a few. But let me say that Tyler is easily flustered so when Sam was hitting him and taking things from him and screaming at him, he was always scrambling for something to get back with. So, we heard the following:
"Sam, I'm gonna throw you in the garbage."
"I'm going to sell you to a guy on the street."
"I'm gonna put you in the ground and plant you."
"I'm gonna throw you in the garbage--no wait, actually I'm gonna RECYCLE you!!!" (this was said with very much drama, clenched teeth, furrowed brow and the works)
"I'm gonna have a yard sale and sell you to a guy for 20 bucks!"
Nice, huh? I have to report that we have made it through that and don't hear these things anymore. But feel free to access this list next time you are mad and frustrated and need a come back line!

And a few things without pictures that I wrote down and wanted to remember...Tyler in family prayers one night said "bless us to be responsible about playing too much Wii." (this is sooooo Tyler right now!)
As we were driving by the hospital where I had Sam over 2 years ago, Tyler said "Hey Mom, remember when we went to that place that one time because you were trying to get Sam out?" I'm often amazed at how much he remembers from way back when, and completely amused at how he explains things. And yes, any woman at the end of pregnancy is truly 'trying to get that baby out'!
One day at a particularly rough moment for Tyler (I don't even remember what happened exactly, but I know it wasn't anything "big"), he hung his head down and sadly said "this is just my worst life ever". I guess in comparison with all his other lives, it must have been really bad.
Tyler brought home his proofs from his school pictures. It was a full sheet with a picture displaying all of the different "backdrops" you could choose. They had already taken the pictures of the kids and then they digitally put the picture on each backdrop for you to see and pick. School pictures have changed a lot since I went to school. (I personally find it all kind of cheesy and did not order any, in case you were wondering...I probably will for the 'sentimental value' once he is in kindergarten) Buuuuut, Tyler's picture that was used for the all of the samples (so think an entire sheet of about 15-20 small pictures), he had his eyes closed. So an entire sheet of eyes closed pics. Tyler got in the car and showed it to me and he was really concerned by them. And I asked him what was wrong and he just shook his head and said "I don't know what happened. I was sleeping in every one." So he of course had no idea that they were all the same picture and I thought it was hilarious that he thought he was sleeping in them.
And then later, during the drive home, he said "Oh, and Mom, Makayla got her pictures at school and hers were adorable. She was even awake in every single one."
So, now if you've made it through 2009, I applaud you. I think it's a wrap. Now, to get on to blogging 2010!!







4 comments:
Yeah for finishing up the year! Your blog is so much fun to read, plus looking at all those pretty pictures doesn't hurt either!!!
Tyler is such a ham. I love that you have recorded it all. I need to be better about that!
I'm so glad to see you're blogging again, I've really missed it. What a great year! Love MomA
Oh, I just laughed out loud as I was reading Tyler's comments about his pictures and the little girl's pictures. Kids say the funniest things. It cracks me up. Thanks for sharing your year with us. It was a good year. love grandma t
Post a Comment