Friday, December 19, 2008

This Little Family of Mine...

First off...where is December going? Oh wait, is it even December? I wasn't sure since I'm wearing capris and sandals right now and the AC is running and it's 80 degrees outside. But really, can it possibly be less than a week from Christmas? I'm sad about it, I truly am! I don't like the holidays to be lost in the frenzy of preparing for them. But I think the projects and running around should be pretty much done after this weekend, which will hopefully mean that I'll get a few days to just chill next week and enjoy this holiday season... But we've been so busy going and doing, I have so much to blog about, but so little time to do it. I have to start somewhere with updating, so here we go.

So, now that our Christmas cards are out and circulating about the country, I'll post these (I wanted to wait a bit so maybe not everyone getting our card will have already seen it on the blog). The Saturday after Thanksgiving we headed out to take a few family pictures to put in our Christmas cards. My friend Aimee helped me out and she took a few for me, I took a few for her and we sent each other home with our own to edit. It worked out very smoothly! And as much as I like pictures, I just seem to have a problem of pictures with me in them, so I always drag my feet a little at getting a family picture taken. But I knew we needed it! So I am glad to have some pictures of my little family together, and I'll try not to focus on those twenty pounds I need to lose...


And a shout out to Aimee since she definitely did not see the happiest of families through her lens this day. As is the case with family pictures--we didn't show up with our "game" on. But she still somehow managed to get us to look at her camera and smile. Thanks again, Aimee!

But I couldn't help but also share a few of our "outtakes" with you. They are probably a little more representative of how we "really" are.
"oh no, Sam still has milk all over his face from this morning. I'll get that." OH MY! Did I really just lick my thumb and wipe his face off??? How many times did I SWEAR I'd never do that (in my time pre-children)?
"Tyler, why are you crying? Pull yourself together, son! This is supposed to be a happy time where we all smile and pretend that we love each other. And if you stop crying and smile nice, maybe I'll tell Santa to throw a little something in his sleigh for you. But really, just stop crying...or else."
...approaching naptime (check out the bottom half of Sam's jeans after he'd crawled around on the wet ground. nice.)
But regardless of our not-so-happy demeanor this day, I think we did an all right job of adorning a few of our Christmas cards (despite that double chin I'm sporting).
And really, I can't say how much I just love this little family of mine! And I'm glad to have some pictures of us together!

11 comments:

Lexi said...

They turned out really cute Becky! Even the outtakes are cute- one day they'll be cute to you too {after you've had a chance to forget what a pain it was to get everyone to smile in the same frame!}

Maxwells said...

Those turned out great! It didn't happen for us this year. Like you said where has the time gone. ANd every time I try to take pictures of the kids, they turn out terrible. Maybe next year.
And oh, how I miss my LA winters!!!

Heitmann Family said...

Super cute as expected!! Especially your cards. I hear you about getting family pictures taken. Lauryn is our rascal this year. She wouldn't smile for nothing and in the kids pic she is crying!! What can you do but take a picture to remember in 20 years how much fun you were having way back when!!

The Nielsen Family said...

And we love that you put everyone in your picture. i am so sad when I get Christmas Cards and it is just the kids and no adults. I want to see my big buddies too!! So thanks for includiing your BEAUTIFUL self and your awesome husband. And as always the card was adorable!

Anonymous said...

I didn't get a card yet! Where's mine? Oh, I guess you haven't gotten one from me yet either. Hopefully I'll get them out today. But mine don't have a cute family picture on them. Maybe we can get a good one when we come to NOLA in Feb. Your pictures are great! Love ya, MomA

cshel said...

Becky - you look fantastic. :-)

Love the pictures - especially the outtakes. Your boys are just precious. Thanks for sharing. Have a very Merry Christmas!!

aidanjordan said...

The pictures are great. You ALL look fantastic!

Henricksen Family said...

Oh I love the out takes I think you should get a frame that has a lot of picture slots and put some of them in there as well. Your family is so cute Becky you are such a cute lady.

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Adorable family pictures. You have the cutest boys!

Marisa said...

I love those pictures! Your family is so cute! And I like the not so posed pictures - isn't that how it is sometimes, ok a lot :-)? I love the cards too. Did you make them?!

Haylee Mollerup said...

ADORABLE Christmas cards and ADORABLE everything else on your blog! It's been awhile since I've read your blog and your kids are so cute (and grown up) and you take the cutest/best pictures and it's just fun to "catch up" with your family!!! That's so fun that you decided to surprise family and come to Idaho! Way to make the long trek here!
I hope you guys had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!