Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Magic of Holiday Lights

So, all little kids are obsessed with Christmas lights it seems, but Sam seems to be even more fascinated than any kid I've ever seen. When we drive around town at night, he just points out his window and kicks his legs and oohs and ahhs the entire time. He loooooves them. So, for Family Home Evening, we went to a local park and went on a walking tour of their light display. It was a big hit amongst our crowd!



Sam was truly fascinated by them. He didn't even try to climb out of his stroller for once! He just stared and looked and pointed and oohed and ahhed and kicked his little legs. I love watching kids react to holiday lights!

And it probably comes as no surprise that the train and the train depot were a BIG hit for our BIG Tyler (as he refers to himself daily).
And this is one awfully good looking bunch, if I do say so myself. And yes, there are no jackets required. Our weather has been SOOOO warm. A bit too warm for December, in my personal opinion. And I know all you Northerners are thinking I'm crazy to say that, but really...80 degrees in December and 90% humidity is not my idea of feeling festive! But regardless, we are doing our best to catch some holiday spirit this month and I think it's working! We love this time of year!

4 comments:

Doug, Marilee & Co. said...

I have to say it is strange to look at all of those Christmas lights and no snow on the ground underneath. Also, in response to your earlier blog, I do think it would be strange to have 80 degree weather in December, but all of that running around you have to do during Christmas time would be a lot easier without snow storms and windchills below zero!!

Sarah C said...

Those lights are beautiful. Merry Christmas!

Ashley said...

That looks like so much fun, I love Christmas lights. I would say enjoy the weather. I just got back from driving in a crazy amount on snow in Salt Lake and I thought..I wish we could go to Hawaii for Christmas. I love the pictures and love that Sam gets so excited about the lights.

The Nielsen Family said...

Cool lights. When I first read that you were walking around the park my first thought was are you crazy it's freezing outside and then I thought oh yeah you live in crazy New Orleans where it is still warm. Carter and I walked around at night to see our neighborhood lights and we about froze our limbs off. I would love to see little Sam kick his legs in excitement.