
We're getting there! Slowly, but surely...we'll have 2011 blogged! So, going through pictures, here are a few more to add to August's events. I already blogged a few times about August...first was about our first endeavors in
tackling the jungle that we moved to and next was about all of the really
crappy stuff that happened during August. So, in an attempt to forget all of those things, I have tried to focus on some of the better things!

So, for starters...I brought home a box of the most beautiful peaches from Idaho and got to canning a few days after we came home. I got some quarts of peaches plus a batch of jam and it was delicious! It was gone way too fast. I don't can very often, but there is definitely something rewarding about it. I have visions of one day having a beautiful garden and an abundant harvest and lots of canning! One day, I hope!

I also helped out with Jefferson Ward's fall Super Saturday and got to work on the project. The Super Saturday was held in September, but I had this made up in August to have on display. It was a big success and we ended up doing lots of kits for this craft. And the best part is that it was SO easy! Love that!

And last but not least, the last weekend in August, we got a little visit from Grandpa Thalgott! He had been on a business trip during the week and was able to come here for the weekend before heading out for another trip. I love little bonus visits like these! We absolutely loved having him here! He was able to see our new stomping grounds and we just had a great time visiting. The boys couldn't get enough of him! And Monday before he left, he was able to tell Tyler good bye before he got on the bus. Tyler thought it was great to have Grandpa wait for the bus with him.

They got out there early enough to ride bikes for a few minutes while we waited.


And they hugged him good bye and I pretty much had to pry them away. They did NOT want him to go!

And off Tyler went to school, and shortly after off Grandpa went on an airplane. We are so glad he came, though! It was a wonderful weekend! And that, my friends, is a wrap of August!
1 comment:
Yes he did have a great time. I again was a bit jealous that I couldnt be there too but I was so glad that he got to go at least and have a quick visit with you all. So fun.
grandma t
Post a Comment