So...here we are now in July. I think I may have mentioned that July was just a tad crazy. We moved, as I mentioned in this post, and if that weren't wild and crazy enough, we took off almost exactly two weeks later and drove to Idaho. When it came down to it, we just couldn't imagine our kids missing out on a summer of spending time with their cousins in Idaho. I don't know how we could have ever told them we weren't going. So, we packed up the car and went! We were only able to stay about two weeks this time instead of our usual 3 or more. So it did seem a little more of a whirlwind this time. The boys still had a great time and we all enjoyed seeing everyone. I have to say, I was still reeling from the craziness and stress of the move and I'm not sure if I really relaxed all that much. And I do know that I took way less pictures of what we did this year. I think I was just too exhausted! But here are a few of some of the things we did (broken out in two posts...yes, usually my Idaho trip each year consists of several posts. This year it will be two--I wasn't lying when I said I didn't take as many pictures!)So, here goes:
We spent a day with Grandma Wilks and enjoyed seeing her.

We jumped, and jumped some more!




We found out that Idaho summers are not nearly as hot as Louisiana summers. And when it's overcast and windy, it is too darn cold to slip 'n slide! Even if you are wearing protective eye wear.
But we got a little more accustomed to the idea as time went on...
And finally, success! Good thing for those goggles. Phew! :) (and yes, Sam insisted on wearing goggles during each and every water related event this summer...sprinklers, swimming, slip 'n slide, etc. I have no idea why!)

I ran a 5k with 5 of my favorite people.
And we took some long overdue family pictures.
Let's just say that not one of those boys was too cooperative with the whole idea!

And...part 2 will be coming soon!














1 comment:
I'm loving the red, white, and blue in the pics! And I super jealous of the lush, green lawn. Last summer was so brutal here with the drought. We have had dusty, prickly, dry grass for almost a year now!
Post a Comment