Last, but definitely not least, on the list of places to take Grandma & Grandpa was Jean Lafitte for a walk through the swamp. We had taken Grandpa there once before, but Grandma had never gone. And I am not so sure she was very excited to go there and hang out with snakes and gators. But she was very brave, and agreed to go. :) The boys were proud of her! And we had a great time. It was a hot day, so it was a true swamp experience with the humidity and heat to really get the full effect.


And of course, the entire time, you wonder if you're going to get to see an alligator. There's always the fear that you won't get to see one (I'm not sure if Grandma would've been that sad, though!). But sure enough, there were a few out and about that day, swimming through the swamp.


As we stood on the bridge, one alligator swamp right underneath us. I have to say, it was really weird to get this view. I've never viewed an alligator from above!

Once again, so happy to have family come and spend time with us. Thanks SO much for coming!!!
And that's a wrap for May festivities...still chuggin' along!










1 comment:
What a view of that gator! Today in nursery I sang this:
"Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream
If you see an alligator
Don't forget to scream. Ahh!"
The other nursery leader looked at me and laughed and said, "Yep, you're from Louisiana."
Post a Comment