Tuesday, January 3, 2012

June...

So, June is a pretty easy month to recap, since we did hardly anything fun. :) Once June hit, school was out and we were pretty sure we'd be moving so we got fairly consumed by the whole process of looking for a place to live and packing our belongings. On top of that, I was an Assistant Camp Director for our Stake Girls Camp, in charge of the food, and oh boy did that ever take up some time! But we did manage to make it to the Aquarium with friends (twice, even!) to check out the new Parakeet Pointe exhibit. It was a huge hit! You can purchase a stick with bird food on it so the birds will come right up to you. They are all over the place! We were lucky no one got pooped on. :)
Tyler was lucky enough to get TWO birds at one time!






Seriously, fun! If you live close and haven't visited yet, you really should. It is a fun new exhibit!
And of course, since we were there anyways, we checked out the various other fun things at the Aquarium...like petting the sting rays,
seeing the frogs,
and the newest baby white alligators!


And another noteworthy event from June (the 19th)--I got released from serving as the Young Womens President. I got released right after Girls Camp, where I also served as an Assistant Camp Director this year. So I had definitely been doing a fair amount of YW stuff right before my release! It was crazy to think I had been working with these girls for 5 years! It made me really sad to leave the ward and it was bittersweet. I loved the girls I worked with and all of the other leaders who served with me and they all became some of my greatest friends. I will not lie, though, in the last six months, I have truly enjoyed having more time...I miss the girls, but I'm not sure I can say I miss the amount of time the calling took. I am currently teaching Primary and am loving the fact that I'm not in charge! :) Thanks to Amy for passing along these pictures. I'm so glad to have them!

1 comment:

aidanjordan said...

I love your pink dress. I want one!