When we told our boys in June that we would be moving into this house, we told them how excited we were that it had a huge backyard for them to play in. They immediately started making plan. Big plans. Plans that included slip 'n slides, swingsets, plastic blow up swimming pools, and of course...a trampoline! Our very first purchase when we moved in was a cheap slip 'n slide that seemed to keep them entertained for a while, but kind of lost its luster after very long. And I think they asked every single day when we were going to buy a trampoline. Of course, there were a million other things that needed done after we moved--like unpacking boxes and taking trips to Idaho and starting school--so the trampoline got put on the back burner for some time.But then the blessed day came... We had been scouring craigslist for quite some time to find a nice used trampoline and we found one on August 19 and I will say it has probably been our best purchase since we moved. The boys have spent hours on that thing. It has definitely been worth every dime we spent on it! The trampoline, of course, couldn't come without a sprinkler to put underneath! And that first Saturday (August 20) they jumped with the sprinkler, they were literally out there for 3 or 4 hours. They went to bed so great that night! They loved it! At one point, I heard Tyler say "this is the best day of my life". Yeah, a little dramatic perhaps, but still that is a great representation of how much they love the trampoline!!
The only time they came in that day was to ask me to come take pictures of them. Ha ha! That really means they are into it! Tyler also asked Garrett to come out and take some pictures on his little camera too. So funny! But of course, it doesn't take much to get me to agree, so we captured the "best day of their lives" here in these few pictures!











Seriously, could they look any happier?! I think not! And I apologize to any of you who are in the midst of the winter blues...I can imagine this would make you long for summer. Just think, only 5 more months, right?! (unless you live in the state of Louisiana where it hardly feels like winter with highs in the 80s this year! Crazy weather!)





1 comment:
Jumping on the trampoline with a sprinkler on . . . life just doesn't get much better than that! I love it!
Post a Comment