Garrett and I have a very ingenious plan in order to achieve all our dreams of financial stability and a comfortable retirement. You see, we have decided that we will teach our kids how to golf, and keep our fingers crossed that at least one of them is amazingly good at it. Because not only will it pay for their college because they will get scholarships to play (thus meaning that we definitely don't need to be concerned with saving for their education, right?), but then they can hit the PGA Tour and start makin' some big money--which will be the point in time where they start supporting us. Yep, they'll pay off any of our debts--which we'll probably still have some student loans at that point since I don't think those will EVER go away--and then they'll buy us nice houses and nice cars and Garrett can retire early and we'll travel the country watching them play golf and life will be grand.So, lucky for us, this complex we live in has this little gem of a putting green just a short walk away, so it gives us ample opportunity for Tyler to get working on paying off our student loans, uh, I mean, learning the finer points of the game of golf. Because we all know that we drive for show, putt for dough--so we better get this putting thing down. It's all part of the plan...
But I fear that I should be a tad concerned that he's using his putter like a driver...
Or that much time is spent running off into the bushes in search of the ball...
Well, the stance here looks good, but wait...where's the golf club? That might be important. (take note of Tyler's already shot pair of green summer sandals. He goes through them so fast!)
OK, this is looking a little better...
Oh boy, and if we can get this two ball trick down, we're going to make some really big bucks!
Proof of the hard work is found in the fact that he's DRIPPING with sweat after a trip to the putting green. Don't worry, Tyler, all that hard work and sweat will make us really happy one day. It's all worth it.
(ok, maybe it's not so much that it's a ton of hard work--it might have something to do with the fact that it's SO hot and humid here and Tyler was practically born sweating...)
Well, here's hoping our plan works because there is no plan B. It's all riding on you, Tyler. Well, I guess there's always Sam too. So, no worries--we ought to be just fine...





17 comments:
THIS REMINDS ME OF THE TIME WE WERE THERE LAST YEAR OR THE YEAR BEFORE AND WE WENT TO THE PUTTING GREEN WITH TYLER. IT IS FUNNY YOU SHOWED PICTURES OF HIS LITTLE HEAD JUST SWEATING BECAUSE IN MY OWN MIND I WAS THINKING OF THAT VERY THING BEFORE I GOT TO THAT PICTURE OF HIM. I WAS REMEMBERING HIM RUNNING SO HARD ALL OVER THAT LITTLE GREEN TO HIT THE BALL WITH GRANDPA T. IT BRINGS BACK LOTS OF GREAT MEMORIES. LOVE GRANDMA T
You are hilarious Becky. Troy has grand schemes for Peyton to play pro football but unfortunatly, Peyton inherited Troy's scrawny bird legs so I don't know about him tackling those big power houses! We joke though that it would be a pretty sweet gig if he did end up making it in the big leagues (of anything, really). I'll be rooting for Tyler too since he could probably already smoke me in a game of golf! LOL!
HA HA HA! Oh Becky, that is a crack up!
Love those photos!
Oh my goodness- Jeremy was upset that we didn't have a club in Shelby's hands by 6 months. "You know, if she's going to be as good as Tiger, we're already behind schedule".
I think all dads have the same dream for their kids. Ryan's is baseball for Ayden. He is a lefty so that pretty much should garuantee success right? Hopefully Ayden will start paying more attention when he is in the outfield, that might be good. As usual love the pics.
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I especially love the green marker in the palm of the first picture- Tyler sure loves his color green- even to color and decorate himself with! LOL!
Oh yes, Lexi. I actually meant to comment on that in the post under the picture because seriously he is covered in green ALL the time. If we do any kind of activity involving art supplies, he only uses the green ones. Green markers were what he was using that day. His hands are pretty much always green!
Genius! Absolute genius! I'll get Lizzy to marry Tyler and then he can pay for us too! Haha!
That is my kind of plan. I think I'll have to get my girls into golf as well...besides it gives me another reason to golf myself and you know you can never have enough reasons to golf. LOL
Parent are so funny. We thought Ty Gordon sounded like a pretty good sports name so he could make us some money too ! Oh the dreams of us parents.
Wouldn't it be nice? We are at least hoping for a sports college scholarship. :) Of course to BYU. Loved seeing the sweat poor down that boy. He was indeed born sweating.
Sounds like a good plan to me. :-) Looks like it's fun for him...that's a bonus.
hey your plan sounds pretty good. If it dosent work out you can still say you guys had lots of fun tryin And cute pictures to prove it.
hey your plan sounds pretty good. If it dosent work out you can still say you guys had lots of fun tryin And cute pictures to prove it.
We have the same plan you know! Shane has even come to grips with the fact that it also could be by way of Ladies PGA. See you at the Masters in 20 years!
Maybe that's why he likes Green so much. That Masters jacket is pretty smooth!
I think that I actually giggled out loud when I read this post. Love it. And I think it's a good plan, by the way.
Post a Comment