Monday, July 21, 2008

Memory Lane

OK, I guess since life is pretty uneventful right now (see previous post), I have succumbed to the pressures of doing this tag. I hesitated and drug my feet, but I am now giving in. So, please humor me and play along. I need some entertainment in my life (again--see previous post)!

Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog (if you have one) and see how many people leave a memory about you. HAVE FUN! (you don't have to have a blog in order to leave me a memory!)

I guess it would be kind of fun to see the kinds of things you all come up with. So please play along, so I don't feel like a loser who doesn't have any friends. :( LOL! Thanks!

21 comments:

Kayleen said...

Hey! Remember when we got together in Provo for a barbecue at Janel's house? That seems like so long ago! I also playing volleyball together. I can't wait to start up again after this baby is born! Do you ever get to play these days?

Corinne said...

Hey, remember when we had history together and one day we were asking eachother what we did the night before. Both of our answers were that we rode in the grain combine with Spencer. Come to find out, we only missed eachother by like 5 minutes. Wow, Spencer was cutting that one a little close! I think this little game is so fun. I will try harder to keep up with youguys on your blog!

Heitmann Family said...

I as well remember watching Tyler for you and loving getting to squeeze on him. But I also remember before that being at a RS auction and seeing your scrapbook or maybe it was just a set of cards and I wanted them bad. Of course I didn't get them and I was seriously sad. I thought I wish I could scrap like her!!!!

Hillary said...

Ummm... so many memories. Which one??? I remember when we stayed up for hours talking about boyfriends, etc. in your car at the highschool. We had all the world's problems solved! Who would have thought you would be in my family only a few years later?!

Tamara said...

I don't have a specific thing to list here, just a general memory of playing Settlers with you and Garrett. Garrett would say "Rebecca" in a very "are you kidding me" tone of voice throughout the entire evening and you would just roll your eyes at him. Oooh, one more memory. You made us those AWESOME pretzels wrapped in carmel then dipped in chocolate one year for Christmas. To this day I thank my cute Becky for teaching me how to make such a fabulous treat.

Anonymous said...

Okay, where do I start? This might take awhile! Just yesterday,out of the blue I remembered the Sunday before church when we were pulling each other on a tube behind the snowmobile and I was mad because it was my turn to ride the tube and you wouldn't let me, so I "accidentally" went a little too fast and next thing I know you are flying through the fence! When this memory comes to mind, I seriously still feel really bad, but I can laugh pretty hard at it now! Not to mention the "lesson" we both learned that day, Never ride snowmobiles on Sundays!!

Other fun memories include: Playing "I am the aunt, I am the uncle" on the trampoline for hours with Mindy. I think only the three of us even know what that game is or how to play! Another memory: waterskiing with you and Garrett a ton the summer you guys lived in I.F., now those were the good ole' days!

I could go on for days, but I better stop because I am starting tear up wishing you were here to make more memories with!! Marilee

Nicole said...

Hello Becky. I haven't been on your blog forever. I just got my "blogging life" in order. I remember being so impressed with the cute blankets, burp clothes, and hooded towels you made. I wanted to pick your brain. Since I met you I have always admired you. I'm not putting this on my blog though.

Oh, hang in there with the heat. Its hot here too. Nothing like New Orleans. But, my kids won't go outside cause the sun just beats down on them. You'll be glad in Dec. when you aren't shoveling snow, like us!

Cook Family said...

I think my favorite memory of you is also that we were always mixed up. It was funny that it was mostly Sis. Fuller. Silly lady. I also remember being jealous of your scrapbooking abilities.

Natalie said...

I don't have a specific memory of you, Becky, but I do remember when that husband of yours was running for office in high school and for his skit he wore a leopard print robe and paraded around the gym lip-syncing "I'll Make Love To You."

Maxwells said...

I remember going to hang out at your house along with Camille and watch you guys do your card making magic and I just hung out to talk, till pretty late. Mike is always wondering how I can stay up late with friends but go to bed earlier at home.

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

I remember coming over to your apartment in DM (as your good ol' VT) and getting to meet brand-new-Tyler for the first time. You handed the cute little peanut to me and (not being a mom yet) I didn't support his head well & it flopped to the side. I felt sooo bad, but your and Garrett's mommy/daddy reflexes were already in full swing - you both had your hands out under mine (just in case) within less than a second flat I think :) Don't ask me why I remember that...I guess I must've felt pretty lame being so clumsy with your perfect, new, little bundle.

aidanjordan said...

Sadly we didn't get to hang out near enough while I lived in Metairie (stupid job!), but I will forever refer to you as the amazing photographer from Church. Also, whenever I see anything John Deere, I think of your cute family!

Oh, and this memory just came to me, but it's more about Garrett...he was our home teacher, and one time he taught me and the Liddles at the same time. Jeremy was already here in Dallas. I remember thinking, though, that he was so funny, and that I wished at that moment that we weren't moving, because I could totally see Jeremy and Garrett whooping it up out on the golf course.

Amber Wray said...

Okay, so it's late, lets see if I can get my story straight. I remember always walking into young womens and seeing you preparing to conduct and thinkin' how cute and prepared you always were. Also back to good old T3 days I remember going to your family's cabin, it was winter and I think it was close to Christmas. I remember all of us in our jammies on the floor in the living room and in that room , if I remember right, it was a glass ceiling or a skylight. I remember it was snowing that night and I was fretting over something, I don't even remember, but I looke up and watched the snow fall and thought of all the wonderful things God had given me especially good friends in T3, I remeber feeling the spirit touch me and I drifted off to sleep.
BTW you are such a cutie patootie! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh Rebecca---so many things. I just have not decided which ones to say so I may make more than one entry!!! I remember your wedding and how cute you guys looked. It has been so fun for us to have another daughter in our family. Especially one that Hillary can really consider a sister. I think it is so awsome that you guys get along so well and talk almost daily. You have been a great tour guide for us when we come to visit you guys and Garrett is at work. It has been so fun to visit the different places you have lived. Which btw---we are due for a trip!! I remember the thanksgiving we spent with you guys in NOLA and making pies and rolls and all the rest of the stuff. It was so fun. I remember calling you in the hospital soon after little Tyler was born. You were so happy to be a mom---and again of course after little Sammy was born. You are such a good mommy. I remember calling to rsvp to Tyler's 3rd birthday party!!! That was so fun to surprise you at that time and then keep it a secret for everybody else until we arrived. And then of course---the birthday party!!!! Oh my gosh!!! Trick-or-treating with your family in capris and shirts---no snow or winter coats!!! It was so nice. We are so glad you are part of our family Becky. We love you. momt

Anonymous said...

I remember the numerous trips to the ER for stitches and staples. How many were there? At least 3 and also the two visits there the first summer you had problems with asthma. That was exactly 20 years ago, believe it or not. I remember how worried I was about you and how grateful I was for the Priesthood and that you were alright. I remember the time you answered the phone and said "Heavenly Father!" We laughed so hard we cried. I remember watching you play softball and volleyball. You scoring the winning run in the State Tourney when you were a Junior. I remember Mother's week-end at Rick's College. And I cherish the times I've been able to spend with you when you've had your precious little boys. These are just a few, I know you only wanted one, but there's just too many to say just one. I love you! Mom A

emily said...

SO many fun memories of hanging out at your Wymount apartment, playing games and eating and laughing until we cried. I remember EXACTLY the taste of that delicious peach-strawberry freezer jam you made, and have tried to replicate it many times. I also loved when we played intramural volleyball together...we didn't need those stinking boys to have a good time together! Oh, what it would be like to be carefree and kidless poor college students again!

Whitney & Charlie said...

This isn't really a memory but I've always loved the fact that we share a common interest in photography. And you've become my idol and I'm always trying to take note of your pictures so I can try to attempt them! I do remember about 10 months ago coming down to finally visit you in New Orleans for Baby Sam's Baby Blessing and while the boys went off on a fishing trip we took a walk around your complex and I was holding Sam and then all of a sudden I felt lightheaded. I pretended it was the heat, but deep down I was hoping it was something else. Low and behold I was correct and here we are 10 months later with our own baby! You're a great example of a mom too!

Challis said...

Well, you and I have only actually met face-to-face once a couple of summers ago at Jim and Sheila's. I remember noticing that both you and Hilary were quite camera savvy and thought to take pictures of things I never would have thought of. What you probably don't know though is that I decided to go to law school SOLELY because I had lunch with Jim and he told me about you and Garrett and living in Des Moines (I had never met you guys). I walked out of the restaraunt that day telling Josh that I wanted to buy an LSAT prep book. I remember hearing the good news that Tyler was born and seeing your Christmas card etc. Basically I have been quasi-stalking you from the moment I married into the McNally clan.

Becky T said...

Oh my, this has been SO much fun! Thanks to all for playing. I have laughed so hard, even shed a tear or two--it has been so entertaining! And if you still have a memory that you haven't posted, feel free to do so! :) Thanks again, everyone!

The Nielsen Family said...

Remember that one time we went over to your place and had Diet Coke and played settlers?

No really it has taken me forever to comment on this post because I can't choose just one memory so here are a few: Cool Basil (you and Matt only wanting 1/2 stars), the time you were so embarassed to share your poop your pants story, swapping all absolutely horrifying stories (ants in bed, Matt's family jewels, poop on forehead, Dad clean up this mess...), our cook out down by the river, continually loosing to you and Matt at Settlers, spainglish at the table, Garrett mouthing bad words, and one of my favorites the winner's sweats. I could keep going because there are a million. Matt is really wanting me to add Garrett towing our car to Ames and back (2X). Memories, nothing but memories...

cshel said...

We miss you guys lots and had lots of fun when you lived here. I of course miss scrappin with you and getting so much inspiration from your work. Mike of course remembers "shooting" his friend Garrett on a hunting trip. LOL

And our St. Pat's parties have never been the same since you left, although you did miss the year that we actually started a fire. Probably a good thing. lol