It had dawned on me that this week marks the one year anniversary of my blog. And I had to laugh in realizing that I've actually kept up this blog for an entire year. I honestly didn't think I would. And here I am one year and 139 posts later! But I have to say that I've totally loved blogging. It has helped me feel like my family is at least a little bit more in on what my kids are doing, how they are growing, how stinkin' cute they are--which is hard to describe in phone conversations sometimes (and especially more difficult since one more has joined the family this last year)! And it has helped me stay in touch with SO SO SO many of our wonderful friends we've made in our 8 years of marriage and some from high school and college. It's kind of amazing really! And of course there are the connections that have been made through blogging which are just awesome too, people that I maybe didn't know before or had completely lost touch with. And let me also say that the thing that has kept me blogging is YOU! Each and every one of you who read this and comment are what keeps me going. Granted, I love the fact that I am documenting our family life, which is very important to me, but seriously, who doesn't LOVE comments??? OK, I admit it--I definitely do! So really, you all keep me going. So, thank you, thank you, thank you!So in the spirit of celebrations (and the fact that I can hardly bring myself to post without some pictures), I realized that I never blogged about our celebrations a month ago for Garrett's big 3-0. I don't know how they slipped through the cracks, but they did. But have no fear (since I'm sure you've all been losing sleep about it), I realized this and now they are making their appearance on the blog. So here's a quick re-cap...
The day started off with chocolate chip pancakes complete with whipped cream and candles--one for every decade. (yes, that means I got up BEFORE he went to work and made them. Ugh, sacrifices, I tell you!) And they were served on nothing but our finest paper plates, of course. I mean, it was his birthday after all.
The chocolate chip pancakes were a hit amongst the old and young and our house. See below...
Tyler especially loved the whipped cream. Surprising...
And I don't know if this is considered celebrating Garrett's birthday if he wasn't with us, but the kids and I headed to the Children's Museum for a few hours. I guess it was in remembrance of Garrett's youth, since he's now an old man. :) The museum is always a hit, and our season pass is well worth it. So, we checked it out for a while.
And Sam literally spent the entire day like this with his head to the side watching EVERYTHING Tyler did. He was in awe and I'm sure by the time he can run around that place, he'll know exactly what he's doing.
And then it was home for dinner of kabobs and pasta salad and CAKE. And I gotta say I was pretty proud of my cake this year, because let's face it...I am NOT a cake maker. :) Never have been, and probably never will be, but I had fun making this and was happy that it turned out. I attempted a chocolate mint satin cake. The name kind of explains it all, but it had a yummy layer of minty goodness inside. Tyler kept saying it was a big donut, I guess because it was round with a hole in the middle!
Either way...it was delicious and I probably won't attempt at making another cake (besides one out of a Duncan Hines box) until Garrett turns 40--and even then, I'm not making any promises!! (see the minty layer in the pic below...)
So, there's the b-day recap, and while we're talking celebrations, why don't we all say Happy Blog-a-versary to my dear blog! It's always nice to know who's reading this blog for various reasons, and of course I'm always tossing around the idea of going private (which I'm not planning on as of right now, but who knows...), so it would be nice to know who needs an invite if I do go private. So I'd love to get a shout out from you in honor of making it one year in the blogging world. I was racking my brain to come up with some sort of fun giveaway to lure you in, but I got nothin'. Sorry. But I will have another giveaway around holiday time, so be ready! And again, thank you all for reading my blog! :)





18 comments:
Becky-
Since I blog stalk you regularly I decided I couldn't refuse your request. I keep thinking I will email you and then of course I don't do it. Your family is so cute and I love seeing what a great mom you are. All those times we talked about kids and look at you now. I knew things would work out! We do need to catch up soon. Shawnee said she got an email from you not too long ago. Everything here at the ProModel is still plugging along.
I still miss you more than you know.. Your postition is opening back up again in August...wanna come back? ;)
Christine
Becky,
Read your blog regularly and LOVE it. I'm glad that we have reconnected through the blogging world. Congrats on 1-year.
Natalie
Alright, I am leaving this comment out of guilt. I look at your blog almost everyday and only occasionally leave comments-Sorry! Thanks for your great blog. It is the envy of all! Now please come visit soon so you can take our family pictures!!!! Oh, and I would love to see you too!
Marilee
hey! I, as Marilee, am guilty of being a daily-blog-checker :) I love your blog!!! Keep it up the hard work and having such an eventful life....since mine isn't so exciting! Love ya!
Angie
I agree with you being able to connect with everyone so easily. Blogging really is my only way to the outside world sometimes.
Happy Blogaversary!!! I'm so glad you started this...it's been great to keep up on your family and your adorable little boys and your amazing photography.
I have a suggestion for your next post: the recipe of that divine looking cake!!! Pretty please with whipped cream and candles on top.
Congratulations on your 1 year blogging! I've enjoyed reading up on your family every once in a while. And I truly love your photos - you are a very gifted photographer! :)
Happy Blogaversary. I have always loved it and now even Jim checks it pretty often and loves it too. We love seeing your family and especially our darling little grandsons. Thanks for letting us see all the cute things they are doing and saying. You do such a good job. You tell the funnest stories to go with the fabulous photos. We love and miss you guys. love momt
Happy Blogaversary!! Also, Happy Late Birthday to Garrett. Your little family is so cute. I also read your blog quite consistently. Guilty as charged.
Don,t even think of quitting your blog! I love it because it keeps me close to those adorable grandsons of mine and with you. I wish all of my kids would do this. You may think that you don't do very much, but it seems to us that you lead a very interesting and full life and we love to be a part of it. We just got home from the Hall Campout and some of your cousins are just as addicted to your blog as that rest of us. Please keep it up! Love, Mom A
Congrats on one year, Becky!! I love reading your blog and seeing all of the fun pictures. You do such a great job making the reader feel apart of each one of your posts. Thanks!!
Hey! Happy blog-a-versary and Happy Birthday Garrett! Here's another comment for you to enjoy. That cake is making me hungry, man. Just so you know, yours is one of the best blogs I've seen. You are so awesome and have such great pictures. I also love the fact that blogs are a little digital scrapbook. Long live blogs!!!
Happy Blog-o-versary Becky's Blog! You have provided me with much inspiration for my future photography adventures. I'm glad that I got to know you better through this on-line world. Keep it up.
Happy Blogaversary!!! I am one of those cousins your mom was talking about that is just as addicted as you are. I love your blog! Don't make it private. I read it all of the time. Keep it up. You are my blogging inspiration!!!!
that cake is making my mouth water. Love your blog and so glad you kept it up!
ok, the cake looks DIVINE!! Happy BLog-a-versary :) I love it! I'm glad you got to celebrate for garrett, too. Jon HATES being the center of attention :)
Can I comment too!
I'm so glad that you found me again! I think about you often and have to say that I'm just not at CX anymore, (counting down the days of that commitment) so I'm glad I decided to start blogging again so that we could connect.
I can't believe you made a cake from scratch! You are my hero!
Well, I should try and get some sleep as it's nearly 4 AM. I'm still feeling like crud and trying to decide if I should just go yak again or be tough.......this was a nice little aversion to my sick tummy.
Adding you to my list now so I can keep up with you!
Smoochies!
Count me in! We love keeping up with you crazy Thalgotts, and your photography constantly inspires me...
Post a Comment