Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Saved by Smiles

.
Well, yesterday just happened to be one of those days... You know, it was 9 pm and I had just gotten Tyler bathed and to bed and I sat down preparing to get Sam ready for bed too. I smelled like spit up. Garrett was still at work (ended up leaving the office around 10 pm...). I had spent the day getting puked on, pooped on, whined at, cried to--all by two little people who are not even half my size. My conversations for this long day were primarily between myself and an almost-3-year-old and a one month old (which can be quite enlightening as I'm sure you can imagine). And I was tired. And then low and behold, I got this delightful smiling session from Sam and suddenly, I didn't care about all that other stuff. My day was saved by smiles, and really seemed to be a great day after all. How can I complain when I have this little guy telling me that everything is all right?! Have I mentioned that we just adore him?

And now today I look at these pictures, and while they are ever so cute, they also remind me that he is growing and changing a little faster than I think I'm ready for. I am reminded once again to enjoy every moment because these little squirts grow up in the blink of an eye!

7 comments:

Kris said...

Total truth in your post. Bugs is hitting the "mine" stage and I feel so huge and awkward that I easily become grumpy and then Bugs says something like, "Sorry mamma." And I just melt and remember what a beautiful and intelligent angel I'm blessed with. That's really wbat it's all about. Glad to hear things are going well! Luv ya!

Heitmann Family said...

Love the pics, what a sweet smile. Smiles are the paydays of being a mom. You take them when you can get them.

Anonymous said...

Sam is so cuuute! I can't wait to see him smile at me. He looks like he kind of has dimples, does he? He really looks a lot like you, Becky. Love, MomA

Kayleen said...

Becky, Thanks for commenting on my pictures . . that's so nice! Your pictures look great too! What kind of camera do you have? You asked about actions and so far I only have one set of Nichole Van's actions, which are o.k. I really like the new vintage looking ones and the antiqued look, but I haven't bought any yet. I use photoshop a lot, but mostly for sharpening and editing blemishes or uneven face colors. Sometimes I add a little vinette around the edges of the picture too. I don't know if you have photoshop yet, but as soon as your little one starts public school you can get a killer discount through Academic Superstore. I'm going to add your link onto my page if that's ok. Then we can talk photography whenever!

Shuldberg Family said...

Becky, you make me laugh. What a fun day. I read your birth story too and maybe it's because I'm prego right now but it made me cry. I am a little emotional. Anyways, good to catch up on you guys.

Hillary said...

Lookin' Good Baby Sam, lookin' good! He is so happy. That is wonderful. I think I could handle some sweet baby smiles as well. Love the pictures! Take care.

kdance said...

Those first smiles are so precious. He's smiling early--lucky!!!
Karin :)