Monday, February 14, 2011

Went on Down to the Audubon Zoo!

So, with the Packers visiting, it was mandatory that we hit up the zoo. We have told them all about our awesome zoo on several occasions (in our attempts to convince them that they really needed to come visit, of course!) and Gracie (the animal lover) couldn't wait to see what it was all about. So we hit the ground running on a gorgeous day!
But it was a close call as Gracie barely escaped the jaws of T-Rex!
Rhett and Tyler became quite the good little buddies this trip, it was so fun to see them get to know each other a little better since Tyler has usually played with Gracie a little bit more. But I think he was pretty pleased to have a new buddy!
And since our kids were all right at home with all the wild animals, they also had to climb on everything imaginable. The huge oak tree was no exception!
But poor Sam couldn't figure out how to climb the tree so he pouted instead. Actually it wasn't really pouting, it was more like throwing a big enormous temper tantrum. And how nice am I? I just took pictures, that's how nice I am!
I know I should feel bad, but I just laugh at these pictures of him!



See...they really did have to climb on every thing they could!


And finally! We got a look at all these gators we've been telling Rhett and Gracie all about!


And we finished off in Jaguar Jungle.

It was a FABULOUS day at the zoo! We love our zoo and going there, but it is WAY more fun to take some visitors to share it with!

1 comment:

Maxwells said...

Looks fun! I really miss the zoo. I remember going when all I had was Annie, oh those were the days. What's up with sweatshirt and shorts combo? :)