Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Big Race, & a few other events...

Here are a few pictures that didn't really fit into another post, so I'm throwing them all in here together...

First up, was the BIG race! Part of what sealed the deal in getting Marilee to book her trip here was the Jazz Half Marathon on Oct. 30. Marilee ran the full 13.1 miles and I put together a relay team and ran a 3.5 mile stretch (the last leg of the race). It was my first race ever and I loved it! I started running last summer and found it somewhat enjoyable, which was a big surprise to me since I have NEVER enjoyed running. It was so fun to do this with Marilee here and now I'm hoping to run another race this Spring!
After the race was over, we didn't have any big plans for the rest of the day, but we definitely needed to take the kids and do something at least! So we headed out and toured one of the local cemeteries. They are pretty incredible, I must say! So here are the older kids in one of the cemeteries.
And we lucked out and had our visitors here with us over Halloween as well, so not only did we have Mario & Luigi at our house for Halloween, we had a black cat, Buzz Lightyear, & a turtle (not pictured, Gus was not interested in making it into the pictures!). We had fun going to our Ward Halloween party and doing some trick or treating around the neighborhood!
And that's it for randomness...more events to be posted soon!

1 comment:

Doug, Marilee & Co. said...

Just this morning Gracie said she wanted to go to Tyler & Sam's house again and every other day Rhett has to tell me that Tyler and him are buddies! We had so much fun! I want to come back right now! Race season is probably in full swing there and I'll be waiting until May for anything here.