Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Kids in the Quarter...one last hoorah!

Our last day with the Packer family was forecasted to be cloudy & rainy, so we opted to have it be a day with mostly indoor activities...BUT we started out with beignets in the French Quarter and a walk down Bourbon Street before the rain hit.
Kid+beignets=one good messy time!


We finished our beignets and headed toward the cathedral as we walked deeper into the Quarter. Sam was very insistent that I take his picture by this fountain. So I obliged.

And we walked right on to the set of a filming of 'The Young & the Restless'. So if you thought you saw someone familiar in the background while you were watching, it was us! Since I am sure that all of you are soap opera watchers and watch that show! :)




And here we have Bourbon Street...our guests were not impressed by the dirty stinky street. :) But they can say they've seen it at least! And for some reason, our children wanted to stop and have their picture taken on every doorstep.



And, just as the rain started to pour, we hopped on the streetcar to take us down to Canal Street to hit up the Insectarium for the remainder of the day. It worked out perfectly! {other than my lack of pictures of it!} We then headed home for the evening while they packed their bags and got ready to fly back to Idaho the next day. We begrudgingly took them to the airport, said our good byes, cried lots of tears (ok, crying as I type this now...ugh!), and remembered how grateful we are that they came to see us! We seriously loved, loved, loved having them come here! My kids constantly talk about it and want them to come back. We treasure these memories...a definite highlight of our 2010!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've loved looking at your pictures of the Packer's visit. They make me homesick for you guys and for warm weather too. I sure miss you and look forward to summer so we can see you again.
Love, MomA

Doug, Marilee & Co. said...

Okay now you've got me crying! We had an amazing time and miss you guys a ton! Thanks for letting us come visit. Love you!