OK, so I will warn you (just as I always do) that there are a whole lotta pictures here on this post. But I can't help it! I have come to love the swamp and have come to find myself wanting to take pictures of every last piece of it... The Sunday our visitors were here happened to be Halloween and the weather happened to be perfect, so we figured the perfect afternoon activity would be a visit to the swamp (Jean Lafitte National Preserve). There are walkways built through it and you just walk through, unguided, at your own risk. :)
To start things off, you do get properly warned to not feed the gators...and if you're caught doing so, you'll be fined. Personally, I can't imagine wanting to feed a gator, but to each their own, I suppose.






I just think it's gorgeous--all of it. It's quiet, peaceful, calm yet there is an eeriness to it as well. I just love it and am glad to see our weather warming up again so we can spend more afternoons there!


I spy with my little eye... (this gator was trying to hide from us and was being so perfectly still, a little creepy!)
This gator was definitely not being shy and not trying to hide...I could have reached out and grabbed him if I had wanted to!



And I think it's pretty safe to say that our visitors loved their visit to the swamp as well. Definitely a different scene than the mountains, but equally as breathtaking, in my opinion! It was a perfect Halloween event--enough to spook us all a little bit and a perfect way to let the kids run off some energy. Stay tuned for more!









4 comments:
I've loved looking at all of your blogs. It makes me wish I was there. Can't wait to see the rest of them. Love, MomA
Absolutely LOVE that first picture Becky!
I am SOOO glad Tyler wore shoes this time :)
That's fun that you guys got to see the alligator. When we went we couldn't find her. Beautiful pictures... as always!
Post a Comment