Take one darling, innocent looking little boy such as this,
Add one brand new bottle of this...
And you'll spend some money renting one of these, along with several hours using it.
The guilty party.So, how did you spend your Sabbath Day this week? Was it spent stopping by the grocery store on the way home from church to rent a carpet cleaner since your 14 month old crawled around the house with a bottle of dish soap, leaving a trail of its contents ALL OVER the carpet 5 minutes before you left for church? Yeah, I figured you probably did just that. Takes a lot of work to clean up, doesn't it? Puddles of dish soap are kind of hard to suck up out of the carpet, aren't they? Yeah, it was a pain to say the least. And top that off by a very high fever on Monday, a visit to the dr. yesterday to receive a diagnosis of tonsillitis and a prescription for an antibiotic...we're having a good week with this kid! Good thing he's cute or we may be shipping him to Idaho for a while. :)
But all was not lost, at least we learned on Sunday morning (before the dish soap puddles in the carpet debacle) that licking the beaters is waaaay better than the actual cupcakes that come in the end.



And a Happy Thanksgiving to you all! We are gearing up today to cook the big meal tomorrow (Garrett even made homemade cranberry sauce last night--I was rather impressed), and yes we will be spending it by ourselves as our visitors were unable to make it--due to unforeseen circumstances, of course. We will miss Grandma and Grandpa immensely, but we are just glad that Grandpa is home and he is all right. We have SO MUCH to be grateful for, that is for sure. We have had a lot of answers to prayers this year, especially this last week. We hope you all enjoy a nice relaxing, yummy Thanksgiving!!! And I'll be enjoying it with my clean carpets! :) (just trying to avoid stepping in a few spots that may or may not still have some dish soap in them...)






10 comments:
Little Sammy!!! How could such a cute little thing like that cause such a big mess??? I just cant believe he would do such a thing. Sorry to say though, when Garrett was talking to Jim and telling him about it I was actually glad---it made him laugh as he was laying in the hospital bed. So sorry, we here thought it was---well, sort of funny. It kind of reminded me of the time when I went downstairs and found Garrett with our cocker spaniel dog and they were just covered in flour. Garrett was chucking flour at the dog and it was all over. The dog had dough tears!!!! But it was easier to clean up than the soap in the carpet. And I do feel bad about the clean up for you guys. I am sure it is and will continue to be a mess!!! And by the way, if you are shipping little Sammy to Idaho you can ship to our new address---postage paid and include Tyler in that package too. We will take them in a heartbeat. So way to go Garrett---homemade cranberry sauce. I am proud of you. I never did that. What is up with that. In fact, I just got home from the grocery store. It is a very low key thanksgiving dinner for the two of us---I bought rolls, pie and stove top stuffing. Can you believe that? Oh well, we do have soooo many things to be thankful for. Have a blessed thanksgiving. Love grandmat
Sweet little Sammy! I laugh and shake my head every time I think about it. Sounds like he might be a handful!
Becky, I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you! What a mess! Well, at least you have clean carpet now {whether you wanted it or not}, right?! What is going on with everyone getting sick or having to go to the doctor? I know it's that time of year, but sheesh! I love the pictures of Tyler and Sam enjoying the batter- they are such adorable boys. Sounds like Sam got his mischeviousness from Dad from what Grandma T. said on the side. Too funny!
Yikes! Aren't kids fabulous? They are somehow able to make you laugh and be really mad all at the same time. It's an amazing ability. On the plus side, stories like these make for great blog entries!
You can send that little Sammy home to Idaho anytime, and Tyler too. But, oh wait, you and Garrett have to come too! What a funny mess. At least you got clean carpets out of it. I'm so glad that Jim and Sheila are home now. What a real blessing that is. We've all been praying for him. We just had our Thanksgiving supper. I think we wore poor G.Ma out, but I think she had a nice time. Sometimes it's kind of hard to tell. I have so much to be thankful for and you and yours are some of the best blessings I have. Have a great holiday tomorrow. I hope you all can relax and enjoy a great week-end together. I love you all. MomA
p.s. Are Sam's eyes turning brown?
Wow, what an adventure. Maybe I need Carter to do something of the like so that I will finally clean my dirty carpets.
We too did Thanksgiving at our house, but we had the Hecks. It would have been awesome if you guys could have been there too.
So it sounds like Grandpa T is doing all right, I hope so!!
P.s. I loved the pic of T and Sam together licking the beaters. SO CUTE!!!
Wow. Little boys sure do keep you busy, huh? Hope you guys had a wonderful holiday even though your visitors couldn't make it and Sammy is sick.
Oh! That sounds like such a mess! I'm not sure I would have gone to church, I may have gone right to the store for the vacuum. Well, I am glad it came up and that now he is feeling better :)
Oh, what a nightmare...but you will laugh about it. Someday. Sorry your company is unable to make it and hope things are going well with Garrett's dad.
Post a Comment