Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Little Quiet, and a Bit Blue

And it's all because they are gone. :( What a week it was with these two at our house. They left to fly home this morning and my house is now eerily quiet. As it goes with any time we have company come and go, the good bye part is so hard. I usually have to choke back tears throughout the day (like I am right now as I type this) after they leave. But I am also sitting here just feeling so lucky and so grateful that Hillary and Cash would come all the way here to visit us! I definitely know it's not easy to pack up and take your kids and fly across the country and be on the go every day, and I just have to thank Hillary a million times over for doing it. We had so much fun with them here. We watched our kids play together, watched them fight (it just happens, unfortunately!), went to the zoo, the aquarium, the Quarter, the Insectarium, the park, went fishing, laughed until we cried, and made a zillion memories to last us a lifetime. I know we aren't in the best situation to host guests, although I'm sure our air mattress is quite comfy, so again, thank you for coming! I'm sure you are absolutely exhausted and will take quite the recovery time, but I am so glad we got to spend this time together.

And as much fun as it was to have our kids together, I just loved it all for some selfish reasons I suppose. I have always felt, and will always feel, incredibly lucky that by marrying Garrett I got Hillary too. :) I definitely got a good bargain on that one! Even though she is my sister-in-law, I truly love her like one of my own sisters and she is my best friend in the entire world. We talk nearly every day, if not a couple times a day, and we spend a lot of time wishing we could live down the street from each other. Thank goodness for Alltel's My Circle! :) So for me, it was such a treat to have her here with me for an entire week! I hate thinking of how much time passes between our visits and have a hard time believing that the next time I see her, she will be the mother of two! And who knows if the future will ever bring us living close to each other...I try not to think about it too much, but all I know is I am so lucky and blessed to have Hillary as my sister-in-law and friend. I love you so much! And I can't even begin to thank you enough for coming to see us. Really I can't. I hope you can somehow know how much it means to me. I hope you and Cash recover quickly from this crazy week!

I'll post more this week and get caught up on all that we've been up to...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky---you make me cry. I, too, am so glad they made the choice to come see you. Like the saying I gave you all and have one for me too---the best things in life arent things. You will all treasure the memories you guys had---the good and the not so good. I am so glad that she has the sister that she didnt have growing up but she has a great brother and I am sooo thankful they have always been close. I know how much they care for each other. So thanks for making me cry here at work. And now we cant wait to come. As I dropped off Jim at the airport early this morning and I knew that you guys were dropping off Hillary too, I told Jim---just think in 2 weeks we will be going to New Orleans. He said "I cant wait for that flight!!" We are excited and I dont want to think about saying good bye. Love you guys. momt

Kristy said...

Oh Becky, you are so sweet. I feel the exact same way about Tracey's sisters and I'm so grateful for them and the sisters that they are that I never had growing up.

Just think...it looks like you've got more visitors to look forward to right around the corner!

Enjoy!

Hillary said...

Becky~ I don't even know where to begin. I was being so strong this morning; knowing in my heart that if I started I wouldn't be able to stop crying. I heard about this post on my drive home and the tears started and haven't stopped for very long since. I can't tell you how much fun it was to hang out with you for one whole week! At times I felt so bad that we were imposing on every minute of your quiet time, but I wouldn't change it for anything. You are such a good hostess and we made so many MORE fabulous memories. Just like you know, I too wish that we lived closer and could make our visits much more frequent. Phone calls will do for now though, even if they are a couple times a day! You are so amazing and I am THANKFUL for you! I love laughing with you! I will call you soon (as soon as I can be strong enough)! I love you! You are the best, miss you lots!!!

Anonymous said...

Becky, You also make me cry! I wish I still had a sister to talk to twice a day. By the way, it's been forever since we've talked. I'll call you tomorrow evening since it's so late tonight. Love you, MomA

Shuldberg Family said...

Becky-
Glad you had fun with family. I always get a post-visitor depression. I thought it would be better when we moved closer - but not really.

cshel said...

Hey Becky - this is so sweet. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with your friend/sister-in-law. Those relationships are the best. :-)

kdance said...

How awesome that your best friend came to spend the week with you!!! I hope that she can make it back out there again soon :)

The Nielsen Family said...

First of all, you got me all teary-eyed! I know how much you love Hillary and am so HAPPY that you guys had this time together.

Second, I am so happy for you that you get so many visitors. What awesome family you have!

The Nielsen Family said...

P.S. I also think it is so crazy how much I look up to Hillary and love Hillary strictly through you. I think that goes to show how much you love her because that love radiated onto me. I still hope that one of these days we will finally meet.

Challis said...

Yeah...I'm sort of a Hilary fan to:)