First off, I had to print out ALL of the comments, yes that would be SEVENTEEN pages that came out of the printer...
Then we cut them all up and folded them nicely in a bowl...
And I asked my most handsome assistant to assist me. And he dug and he dug until he picked just the perfect one...
And then he had to read it first...
And low and behold, it's Tiffany!!! Congratulations, Tiffany! Please email me your mailing address and I'll send the blocks to you ASAP so you can have them for the majority of this month (let me know if you don't have my email address...). I hope you enjoy them!
OK, and to answer the several inquiries about where I got the blocks. I got the kits from this website called My Vinyl Designs. My sister Marilee told me about them and I checked them out and found several fun kits, but restrained myself and only ordered the ghost blocks this time around. The ghost blocks can be found in their "Seasonal Stuff" section (lots of cute stuff there). You can order them finished or unfinished. I of course ordered them unfinished because they are so easy to make and that's half the fun for me. And to order, you actually have to email them with what you want and they send you a paypal invoice, so you don't actually order directly from the site. If any of you head over to the site and have questions, let me know.And thank you all for playing along. I loved reading every single comment, it was so fun! I had laughs thinking about two headed monsters and twin popsicles trying to get out of the car on Halloween night and I had visions of super cute kiddos running around in every costume imagineable from witches to Pippy Longstockings to an entire family of Wizard of Oz characters. And it seems that punk rockers and witches were a common costume for us all, huh? Thanks for all the ideas! I think we have Sam's costume pinned down as a cowboy. And he'll be so cute! LOL And I was hoping to be creative enough to come up with something that the boys could be together, but Tyler is being a stinker on this one. His ideas are pretty far out there. They have ranged from a boat (honestly no idea where this came from), a bird, a green lizard, Cranky the Crane (from Thomas), and the latest is an alligator. I'm thinking I can maybe find a somewhat decent alligator costume that's not too cheesy, but I'm worried about him roasting to death in it. Yes, we worry about that in Louisiana--being too hot on Halloween night, as opposed to putting our costumes on over top of our winter coats like we did in Idaho. So, we shall see!! But I'm just a little bummed that I don't think it's in the stars to match my cute farmer and his ear of corn from last year's Halloween: (seriously, look how little my babies looked a year ago!!)
And now for a few random tidbits (before getting onto the contest info):Tidbit #1:
The Halloween ghost started coming to our house last night. Last year the ghost left our surprise in a little pumpkin, but I was so in love with this countdown calendar that I found for a steal of a deal at Kirkland's Home that I had to buy it and this is where the ghost will leave a goodie every night. It has a cute little wooden candy corn on a string to move to each new day. And it is helping me answer the question I am getting several times a day of "Is it going to be Halloween tomorrow?". And we can truly "countdown" and have it make a little bit of sense for my almost 4-year old.
And this morning it was cute...Tyler got to open his treat mid-morning and he had been patiently waiting and he finally got it open and took one single bite and said "ok, there, I'll save the rest of this for Daddy when he gets home." His daddy just happens to be out of town for work and he honestly had every intention of putting his once-bitten chocolate up on the counter to wait for Garrett to get home. It was sweet, if I do say so myself!
Tidbit #2We officially broke out the $5 Old Navy Halloween shirts today and Tyler was SO excited. He picked his out at the store and couldn't wait to wear it.
And Sam is sporting his "skinny, scrawny, bony skeleton" look. He pulls it off pretty well, doesn't he?
Tidbit #3I've spent the day digging out all of my decorations and it's always fun to get them put up. This treat sign was my favorite new decoration added this year. Another steal I found at Kirkland's Home. Love that place!
Tidbit #4A few people inquired as to how this picture looked in color (since it was only posted in b&w in the last post). So, here it is in color and in b&w so you can compare and decide which one you like best.

Tidbit #5I had a coupon from shutterfly for a free photo book. I kept saying I should just get it since it was free and all, but almost ran out of time. Then I just decided to get on there and do it. It was SO easy and I absolutely love the way it turned out. It is only an 8x8 one, but they make 12x12 ones as well. And it really is like a book, hardcover and all. Tyler loves looking at it and reads it just like a book. And since my scrapbooking time is almost non-existent these days, this was just so fun to get done. And the fact that it was free ($29.99 value), was all the better. I have had some trouble recently getting pictures to upload to their site since we got our new computer and use Windows Vista, so I just used pictures that were already uploaded, so they are all kind of random things, but I was really happy with it and could totally see ordering more in the future. I've always really liked their site for photo printing and have been intrigued by these books, and am happy to finally have one. Here are a few of the pages from it..
OK, enough tidbits...now onto the next CONTEST...I made this little treat bucket out of a paint can (a previously un-used one, by the way) and am giving it away...I have seen a lot of altered paint cans and have always wanted to make one just for fun, but never have. Until now. I just got the urge to do a random project, and this is what I came up with. It was really fun to make and hopefully one of you will enjoy it! So, the winner of this contest will get this paint can filled to the brim with super fun and yummy Halloween goodies. Hopefully it will be something you can enjoy with your family (or hoard it and keep it to yourself if you're like me!).


So, to enter, please tell me what your FAVORITE Halloween goody is. Is there something you simply can't resist buying and munching on during the month of October because it's miniature and wrapped in cute black and orange wrapping? Please share!So, leave your comment with your favorite treat by Sunday October 5 at noon CST. I will post a winner later that evening. Thanks for playing! Let the commenting begin!





32 comments:
Oh my goodness! I love that treat bucket. It must be mine! ;-) Was the bucket another kit or did you make it up as you went along? Either way, it is super cute!
In a way, I hope I don't win it only because I am really trying hard to refrain from having candy jars around the house while I'm pregnant. I gained 44 lbs with Peyton from all of the goodies I had around the house!
But if I DO win it, I will be tickled to display it and fill it with treats NEXT year when I have a little more restrain :-)
So anyway, about my favorite candy...
For a while, they made these little snack sized Crunch Bars that had caramel.... SO GOOD!
Obviously, other people didn't love them as much as I did because they stopped making them but I remember the year that they were big, they had caramel squares, peanut butter squares and chocolate crunch squares all in a mix that was yummy to my tummy.
I've found it in a full candy bar version sometimes in random gas stations {where you can find all of the hidden treasures} but it's not the same. The chocolate "crust" is too thick- the minatures were just right!
Halloween treats...I love them all! And I'm so excited to have a child to take trick-or-treating this year...she will be sharing the treats :) Two of my favorites are candy corn and those peanut-buttery toffee things that come in orange andblack wrappers. Must get to the store!
Rebecca,
I also vote for the color cowboy hat, bringing Sammy back to his Blackfoot roots.
Jim
You know me---how I hardly ever have candy---ya right!!! I quite like it all. I just bought some little Heath bars that are pretty yummy. I love DOTS and vanilla tootsie rolls. I can usually only find them at target at halloween time (the vanilla tootsie rolls) and I LOVE them. Sometimes I like the miniture salted nut rolls too. I never buy them normally but at Halloween I do and they are quite yummy too. I am trying to picture what is on the candy isle at the store. I may have to respond more than once because I am pretty sure there are more than what I mentioned. Happy Halloween. It looks like you guys are all ready. Love the little spooks in their cute little halloween shirts. And---the guy picking the winner is such a cutie and I think it is only right that he reads the winner first!!! So cute. I bet he thought that was so much fun. love grandma t Oh and I cant decide on which picture of Sammy I like because I love them both.
That bucket is so cute and very creative. I was just wondering what you did with all the paint!
So as far as candy I love it all not so much the chocolate but the carmels and tootsie rolls I really enjoy the other flavored tootsies. It so fun having kids to take trick or treating because you still get to enjoy all the goodies. I love the $5 t-shirts your kids are adorable.
Your paint can is so CUTE! Hmmm...I'm a candy-holic and eat pretty much every kind. At Halloween time I really like the peanut butter toffee stuff in the orange and black wrappers. I also like Bit-o-honey. And chocolate, of course! I'm planning on making caramel covered apples this year--I can't wait!
Now be honest, I'm sure that Tyler actually drew my name out, but since I won last time, you made him draw another name! At least an Idahoan won again!! I do love the treat bucket, so maybe it will be mine! Now on to my favorite Halloween treat, my question is two-fold. As far as trick or treat candy goes, my favorite would be anything chocolate, especially chocolate/caramel. Now for Halloween treats for parties, etc., my favorite hands down would be caramel apples w/ homemade caramel! I just had some at mom & dad's house on Sunday and I can't quit thinking about them!!
Fun! Hmm..so many choices. I really like milky way and twix. Now that it is October it is also time for all sorts of pumpkin goodies. I am really in the mood for pumpkin chocalate chip cookies.
becky, does your craftiness never end? i am so upset i missed the deadline for the ghost blocks so i must win this. Favorite halloween candy two words: tootsie rolls.
kambrel daw dunn
That is so stinking cute....if I can only be so lucky! If I had to pick one favorite candy (which is really hard) I guess I'd have to pick the Heath bar - YUM!
Thanks for the opportunity!
~Stacey
csfish@roadrunner.com
OK, first of all, your paint can turned out adorable. One of the cutest I've ever seen. You definitely have the craft in you. :-) My favorite seasonal goodie is the Autumn Mix candy corn (though I let my girls eat the pumpkins which are their favorite!) I also love the mini Milky Ways. I love to pop them in the freezer for a yummy treat some days!
Your boys looks so cute in their new t-shirts. I wish Old Navy was a little closer to me...
Your Halloween advent calendar is so adorable. Where, oh, where did you find it??
Your 8x8 book turned out really awesome. (FREE IS AWESOME!) The photos and colors are great - thanks for sharing!!
C-Shel
I am posting this because Whitney REALLY wants to win so I am going to put both of our names in the drawing to better our chances.
My favorite goodie is gummy spiders. They are delectable! They taste so great as they crawl down my throat.
P.S. I vote for the color photo of Sammy.
Lexi, too funny because I remember that candy EXACTLY and remember really liking it and also noting that the big size was nowhere near as good as the mini's. Now I'll have to be on the hunt this year to see if there's any way I can find any. :)
And as for the paint can, I didn't use a kit on this one. I just bought an un-used paint can from Home Depot and put to use some of the many Halloween themed scrapbook-type products that I have stashed away. It was good to make a dent in some of those! It was fun to make and now I want to do some smaller ones (the quart sized cans) too since they'd be really easy too. Thanks for playing and making me crave more chocolate--just what I need! :)
I can't believe I won! WOW! Thanks, Tyler, fo being so good at drawing my name. :) I don't have your email address, so will you either leave me a comment or email it to me (mcgarryfam@yahoo.com). Thanks, Becky! I'm so excited to display that cute craft.
Also, I just have to say that Sam's eyes are so incredible in those pictures. They look like stars! What a cutie!
I'll pass on the next contest so someone else can reap the benefits of your creative mind. You do such cute things!
Becky Thalgott: you are like a bloggin fool. I love it. And a Major Martha Stewart--way to go. I love Halloween Reese's peanut butter pumkins! Cheers!
I lied...I do have your email address. Sorry. I went ahead and sent my address to you. Thanks again! I'm so excited!
I think you just need to start your own online craft business. You would make it rich I tell you! You are one popular gal with tons of talent!!!
My favorite treat? Hmmmmm? Thinking, there are so many! I would have to say glazed donuts. I know random, but I remember getting coupons for a free one in my trick or treat bag when i was a kid, and nothing is more delicious than a fresh glazed donut!!!
My favorite Halloween treat is: Halloween colored M&M's, especially peanut butter. Also, I found the DOTS this year called ghost DOTS. You don't know the flavor until you eat them 'cause they look like they glow in the dark, but they don't.
I'm not big on Halloween candy, but Erik LOVES this time of year because it means PUMPKIN _______(fill in the blank). He loves everything pumpkin. Between now and Christmas are the only times that I make my homemade caramels, which Erik also loves. We celebrate his birthday (Oct. 4) by making the first batch of the year!
I was putting my Halloween decortations up and thought about your contest and now I've been on here for a half an hour reading your blog and everybodies comments. I love the bucket and I want it bad especially if you fill it with mini milky ways! Love those. I actually have some in my candy jar right now as we speak. I love both pictures of Sam. I really can't decide. The shirts are so cute too. I love Halloween, but I love you guys more. Do you think if I called Tyler and arranged it, he would rig it to choose me next time? Love you guys, MomA
Umm.. pumpkin peeps! This year though gummi lifesavers are pretty yummy, too. Those boys of yours are pretty darn cute!
How cute is the bucket! When I was little I loved to get the orange salt-water taffy with the pumpkin face on it. Yummy!
Ooo treats! My absolute favorite has to be tootie rolls. I never buy them, but you can be sure that my little spooks will never see one lingering in their pumpkin bucket around Halloween!
Wowee!! You always make the CUTEST stuff!! Love the treat bucket. Honestly, anything chocolate was always the FIRST to be devoured. That is unless it was an Almond Joy those I do not like and they would go directly to my mother.
Oh, man! I'm so mad I missed the last giveaway. Okay, my favorite treat is actually not candy. Every year since I could remember, my mom always made dinner in a pumpkin. I continue the tradition in my own little fam now. It's the best! Just in case I really need to put candy, though, I love SNICKERS!
LOVE the pictures of Sam! You need to help me pick out a good camera some day when the time comes for a new one.
Seriously...how cute are you?
I think my favorite Halloween candy has to be mini _____. For some reason if it is a mini- Twix, Reese's, etc. I find them to be so much better. Maybe because I think I can eat more of them and not feel guilty? :)
You know, when I was little, I loved Milky Way, I just thought they were the best. I also loved candy corns. Ever since I got pregnant with Alli, I can hardly resist a Three Musketeers, I seriously think of them all the time. I am trying not to eat them so I don't gain 60 pounds again with this new baby.
I will tell you my favorite treat though for Halloween or any holiday, CUPCAKES with thick frosting. Yum Yum, these are the best, in fact, I may go and make some right now while I am thinking about them.
Ok my fav is a candy that taste like it has some peanut butter in it and is crunchy and is wrapped in striped paper. I don't know what it is called.
becky!! it is a good thing your name is mentioned on other blogs. i am way impressed.
My favorite treat is mini snickers. hmmm
I hope I'm not too late, we've been moving all weekend and I thought it ended Saturday and then I got on and saw it didn't end until tonight! I love chocolate candy bars, twix, milky way, 3 musketeers, etc.. the bucket is so cute! How do you come up with these?! And where do you find the time?!
hey becky this is carter my favorite has to be either mini butterfinger or twix or even smarties, i love you.
(remember im your favorite)
talk to yea later Carter Andersen
Post a Comment