Well, I am happy to report that Mr. Sandman answered my plea and everyone in our household slept the entire night on Friday night. Apparently, I had a 24 hour bug of some sort and was relieved that's all it was. We woke up Saturday morning feeling like new people. Seriously, it was the best feeling in the entire world! So I knew exactly what we needed to do that day. We had to head to the Northshore to Red Bluff Farm for Pumpkin Festival. They only have it open for this three Saturdays and we missed the first one and we can't go this coming Saturday, so this was our only chance. All the more reason to be glad we were feeling good! This is our third year we've gone and I thought a lot about our trip last year and how it was our first outing with Sam and how I had anxiously looked forward to a much needed day together as a family. And this year ended up being quite the same in a lot of ways. In the last few weeks, I just longed for a sense of "normalcy" and some real time together as a family. And it did not disappoint! We had a great time! So here are some pictures and a little recap of our day. What kind of blogger would I be if I didn't post pictures of our trip to the farm?!We first started off by watching the blacksmith work. It was really fascinating.
But it wasn't long at all until the boys in the family were all very well aware that there were several of these ALL OVER the farm:
There were several red ones and green ones, but it seems we generally spent time on these green ones.
Talk about little boy heaven! They played and played and played on the tractors until we had to pry them off. Both Tyler and Sam thought it was the best thing ever!
And they got some instruction from their dear old dad on what was what and all that good stuff.

And I can't help but include a picture of Sam's adorable new little wave he does. He does it all the time and it's the cutest thing ever, if I do say so myself. Not that I am biased or anything. But really I can't get enough of it and I try to get him to wave at me several times a day. I'm sure I'll wear it out soon.


This is pure Boy Joy here, people. Seriously.
And Tyler was demonstrating to me how hard it is to shift gears on a tractor. Bet ya didn't know it was that hard, huh?
No, he's not walking yet, but we're working on it. :)
Not exactly the perfect picture I had envisioned, but oh well--we tried!
And we spent most of the day not seeing Tyler's eyes since he insisted on wearing a hat and he insists on pulling it down as far as it will go. I don't know where he picked that up, honestly!
And then we (or Tyler, I should say) got lost in the rows of corn (literally).
And pet some of the many baby animals.
And we went for a hay ride.
And then we worked on picking out the perfect pumpkins.


And yes, in Louisiana, you wear shorts and sandals to the pumpkin patch. We were just thrilled that it was a day of low humidity and was only in the 70's since last year we BAKED, it was so hot. It was such a pleasant day, it was truly the icing on the cake. It's about the closest thing to fall weather we'll get this time of year. Our "fall weather" usually comes in the winter. :)
And we enjoyed not being sick, being out of the house, and spending some quality family fun time at the farm! I just love this little family to pieces (even when I can't see Tyler's eyes)!
And then we got home and I realized too little too late that my ISO setting was still WAY high from the last time I took pictures, so that combined with the harsh sun made for some pretty scary looking pictures. I couldn't figure out why all of my pictures were looking over exposed while we were there, but I didn't even think to check. I guess that's the risk of having my camera in manual mode. Oh well, I'll just blame it on feeling under the weather--my brain was still in a fog! So, if my pictures look kind of off, it's because, well, they are. :) Live and learn, I guess!!!





15 comments:
Super Cute Pictures! Your boys are really growing up! They are adorable. We miss you guys!
I love the pictures! They are much better than any picture I could ever take- no matter the setting!
That looks like such a fun Saturday outing. I love days like that! Your pictures always look amazing, I love the one of Sam driving the tractor, he looks so happy! I'm glad you are feeling better, the flu has been going through my family too, yuck.
That looks like so much fun! I wish they did some fun things like that here in good old Idaho but maybe they can't because count on the weather to turn their spectators into popsicles!
What a fun day your family had - you certainly needed it! I'm glad everyone is feeling better and sleeping well. I love the fall - so many fun things to do with the kids.
Oh Becky! I am so glad that Tyler is feeling better and that you are feeling better as well.
It looks like you had the perfect day at the Farm.
Hope things keep looking up!
I thought your pictures looked great, how did you learn how to do manual mode so well? You need to teach me, it always scares me and I never trust myself to do it. That looks like so much fun, you don't happen to know of any fun stuff like that to do around here do you?
cute pictures! what kind of camera do you use?
That is so fun and I think you got some adorable pictures! I miss farms and such. We're not really having fall weather here in NV, either...if that makes you feel any better :)
You guys deserved an outing as wonderful as that one! Becky, that picture of Sam that was taken through the steering wheel of the tractor, with his face just beaming, is the best ever! You really should submit that to some magazine; Country Woman or some farm magazine, I don't know, but other people would get the biggest kick out of it! I'm serious, its just priceless! You can't help but smile just looking at it.
What a fun day! And the perfect place for little boys to play. I love it! (Especially Tyler shifting gears!)
I had no idea your pictures were off. I loved sharing in the experience of the day. So good to see the boys alive and thriving. And of course I LOVED the family photo. That is the only thing your blog lacks - pictures of you and G$.
What kind of camera do you have? your pics are ultra clear!
I'm so glad that Tyler is better, and you were all able to get some sleep! It looks like such a fun day, and your pictures look amazing, as always.
We got a new camera recently, and opted for a DSLR. I have no photography skills, but wanted to be able to get better pictures of the kids. Anyway, I'm having such a hard time figuring out how to take good pictures in any mode other that "auto". I just might have to ask you for some tips.:) You are an awesome photographer!
Love that sandals and shorts are part of the pumpkin patch attire...I'm kind of jealous.Looks like you had an awesome day and sleep on top of it, WOW!! Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment