Well, one thing I've learned since moving down here is that kids don't 'turn' a certain age, they 'make' a certain age. For example, I'm often asked when I go places how old my kids are and once people find out, I'm then asked when they "make" their next age. "Oh he's three, huh? So when does he make four? My grandson just made four." (and other statements similar to this) So, I guess I better start using the proper lingo. Since little Sam just made one, here are his "official" pictures I thought I'd share (most of them in the color and the b&w version). I'll be getting them all printed at least in 4x6's for his album, but I think I'm leaning toward this one up top to go on the mantle, but I'd love your help in deciding. I often need a different set of eyes to look at them. And grandparents (and other relatives), please say which one(s) you'd like a copy of (and be sure to click on them to see them bigger-they look better bigger!)...






And I think we may have Sammy's Halloween costume figured out and it just may have this hat included. :) I made the mistake of putting him on it in the store just for fun and I saw those little cheeks popping out underneath it and his eyes lit up and I had to think of a reason to buy it...FAST. So, I think he ought to make a pretty stinking cute little cowboy. Now we just need to come up with something for Tyler (he is saying he wants to be a boat---um, I'm not even going to attempt that one. Sorry!).









And I couldn't help but throw this last three in here because these are his little expression as of late. He does this when is literally trying his hardest to not smile at you. He tries to look mad, but there really is a smile under there. He often gives this look to strangers when they are trying to talk to him (but I still get it a fair amount during the day as well). What a stinker!

A few notes about my boy who just made one (since I let him take over the keyboard and type all about his birthday, I didn't get a chance to record a few things about him!):He still isn't walking, but is slowly showing more interest in it.
Even though he's not walking, he displays a level of 'fearlessness' that Tyler never did. I may have some new challenges ahead of me very soon.
He loves to push buttons on anything and everything and will go to incredibly great lengths to get the remote, the phone, a cell phone, keys, etc, etc, etc and gets very upset when they get taken away from him. And of course, anything but the 'real thing' is totally not cool.
He is starting to get very vocal about the situation if he is not getting what he wants.
He loves to open and close all the cupboards and doors in the house and can often be found shut in a room all by himself. He also finds great joy in banging the cupboard doors over and over and over.
When Tyler's puppy is not available, he has become quite attached to a soft blue baby blanket that used to be Tyler's and rubs it on his face when he falls asleep and hugs it while he's sleeping. It would sure be nice if he'd attach himself to something that was "his" to begin with!
He has gotten to be very loud.
Bottles are a thing of the past and sippy cups with whole milk are the way to go. No more of this 'baby' business for this boy!
He is not a cuddler, but I usually get a cuddle while I sing to him before bed. This is honestly the best part of my day!
And have I mentioned how much I love this kid??? Just checking!
And, remember you have until Wednesday morning to enter the drawing for the ghost blocks (see post below). So, get to crackin' on that!! A winner and a new giveaway will be posted Wednesday afternoon.





20 comments:
OH MY GOSH! I thought the first picturs were adorable...then I scrolled down to see those beautiful blues peeking up from the cowboy hat. You should seriously contact the makers of the cowboy hat and tell them you've got their next model. If those pictures don't make every mother of little boys want to buy that cowboy hat, nothing will!
OH I love them all! I love the ones that show his cute little teeth! He is getting so big and so cute. What a cute cowboy!
Very cute pictures! I found myself telling everyone when Abby and Colby would "make" their next age. But I got a few strange looks for that one. What kind of camera do you have? Your pictures are incredible!
You amaze me with your picture taking abilities! Those are the most amazing pictures EVER! And it doesn't hurt that Sam is so stinking cute!
So when you are coming up to New England??? We desperately need some portraits done for our family :)
He's so cute - I could just eat em up!
I'm always a sucker for a cowboy!! I think Sam in the hat is adorable!! You are amazing!
Oh my heck, Becky! They are all adorable and I want one of each. I love them all, but I kind of think, even though I don't usually like black and white, that I like the B&W close-up of him in the cowboy hat. He is so cute! I want to see him so bad. I love you guys! MomA
great pictures! He's adorable! those cheeks and eyes...and that smile! ADORABLE!
so cute! I love your comment about making and age only people in New Orleans would do that and only some one who lives there can truly understand how funny that really is, so with a laugh and a rolling of my eyes I love your story. I like the firs picture in color, it's beautiful. You are so talented Becky. I also love the cowboy hat pics and I love the first one of the last three, he is adorable I bet it makes taking great pictures even easier to have great subjects. have a great day thanks for sharing photos with me.
Those pictures are soooo cute. You are a great photographer and your baby is very handsome.
So you know that I LOVE them all. i think the first is a great classic, but the ones with the hat on are just so stinkin cute and fun.
When you were talking about remotes it reminded me about "Tyler's remote" at our apartment in Des Moines. Do you remember that?
You are SO good! All of the pictures turned out so cute. What an adorable little man.
Becky, your boys are sooo cute! I hope you Thalgotts are enjoying life!
Your first shot is precious. But that cowboy hat is too adorable on him. No wonder you had to buy it!! Great pictures....you have a great talent.
OKay, I've looked, come back, looked and can't decide on a favorite. They are ALL cute. Every last one of 'em. Darn you and your picture taking skills- I need some lessons from you! ;-) Oh, and I DEFINITELY need a photo session before we skidaddle. Are all of your prices for sessions the same? I'm thinking we can finagle something in November...
I love all of the cowboy hat ones, especially the b/w close up, I was wondering how it looked in color? His eyes are just amazing! How do you get him to pose for you?! He is so cute, I wish you were here to take pictures for our family!
What a cute little boy! You have become a great photographer!
OK---I guess I have to decide but it is really hard. I love the first picture and I really like the b/w cowboy and the color cowboy that is on the new post. Jim told you he liked the color one best and he also likes the first picture. We will take any we can get. Love them----and him!!! grandma t Can hardly wait to scoop him up and give him a big squeeze and hug and kisses!!:)
Okay, seriously!!! You totally need to turn some of your pictures in to some baby picture contests. You would win for sure! Or maybe into 'Baby Magazine' or one of those. I can see the picture you reposted in Color on the cover of a magazine for sure. I also love the one that he is smiling in, just after you said sorry. I LOVE that one!!
Post a Comment