All righty, for starters, we gotta get a winner out of the way... So, you know the drill. The names go in the bowl, a handsome assistant assists, and a name is drawn...
Congratulations, Amy Zugner! The treat bucket now has your name on it and I'll mail it to you this week (once I pick the perfect goodies to go in it!). Please e-mail me your mailing address. Thanks! And thanks again to everyone for playing. Although, I don't know if it's the best question I should have asked since I may have gained 5 pounds this last week since I couldn't resist picking up a new candy to try with all the suggestions I got! It was fun reading through all the comments, though. Thanks again for playing! Hopefully I will be able to throw something together for Christmas because I love doing these. They are really fun for me, believe it or not! And I love reading everyone's comments, and actually two of my three brothers even came out of the woodwork and commented on this last one. I didn't know if I'd ever see the day! How fun is that?OK, and now on to some more random fun that happens at our household. Today we found out that Tyler has "leg chins". Oh, you don't know what leg chins are? They are these...
I happen to have heels, but Tyler, on the other hand, has leg chins as he announced to us today. Kind of clever way of looking at it, eh?
And let's see, how did we spend our weekend?? Well, for starters I woke up to a lesson in negotiating with Tyler at the tip top of his game. Here is our little conversation (keep in mind this was literally this first thing we discussed after the 'good mornings' were out of the way...)Tyler: Mom, I really really really want some ice cream.
Me: Well, Tyler, maybe you can have some later but not right now.
Tyler: But Mom, I don't like laters or little whiles.
Me: But we just can't have ice cream for breakfast. Sorry.
Tyler: I know, I won't have ice cream for breakfast, I'll have it BEFORE breakfast.
Me: Uh....
(he didn't get ice cream until later, sorry to disappoint any of you). Instead of eating ice cream, he and Sam enjoyed some quality TV showing on the couch and I just happened to think this picture was cute.
And let's see...our Saturday was spent pretty much like any other day of the week it seems, since I was flying solo for the day. Garrett was gone almost all day helping with Mormon Helping Hands working on hurricane clean up in a hard hit area in our stake. This has tied up a lot of his Saturdays as of late. I guess you could say I spent part of my day frustrated that he has been gone every Saturday since we got back from evacuating because he's either working or serving. We haven't had a "Saturday" in ages, it feels like! But I have to remind myself (time and time again) that if I had been one in need of the help, I'd certainly be grateful for husbands who sacrificed a day with their families to come help me out. So we missed him but are grateful he is always doing good things!So while he was gone, I tried my darndest to listen to as much of Conference as I could, but must confess that I was only partially successful since these boys seemed to have other plans. So I will have to anxiously await my Ensign next month. So in between sessions, I did decide it was high time to help the boys shed some weight up top. Sam's hair was just to the point where something had to be done. So he got his first official haircut. Here is the official before shot (there are no 'action 'shots since I was the one cutting hair, I couldn't also be taking pictures!):
This is what it was looking like in the back. He has quite the little swirl in the back and when you pulled it out, it was soooo long.
And here is the after:He was surprisingly still during the haircut. I did work as fast as I could because I knew it wouldn't last long, but he did pretty dang good. Look how grown up a haircut makes a baby look!
Although, I don't know how 'grown up' you can look when you have to have your binky and your blanket everywhere you go.
Although he is holding his own and fighting back a little better when Tyler takes the binky out of his mouth for the billionth time. Brotherly love...isn't it great?! (please excuse the pile of clothes on the couch...yikes!)
And here are his little spikes later on: (excuse the yucky yellow-ness of the photo please) and check out his two new teeth that are so noticeable now!
And Tyler was looking quite shaggy as well and of course, he decided if Sam's haircut was going to warrant a bunch of pictures, his haircut better get the same treatment. So here we are before:
And after. Yeah, you think this is a cheesy face, this is pretty much par for the course when I solicit a smile for the camera. They are much better if we can come by them naturally!
Because we only get worse from here...cheese face #2
Cheese face #3:
Cheese face #4:
Oh, and then Mom, you need to take a picture of me being a chicken:
Ahhh, life is a thrill a minute at our place!! So, what'd y'all do this weekend?





9 comments:
You did such a great job with the haircuts! Shelby has not had a haircut yet, even through her punk rocker, half-head of hair phase, mainly because I'm scared I will cut her ear off! Tyler is such a ham, so the cheese goes perfectly, right?
Your post has me laughing out loud!! Leg chins??!! Ice cream "before breakfast"???!!! Tyler cracks me up.
Their haircuts are darling. You did a nice job. Love all of the pictures.
We had a great weekend. I listened to/watched conference, painted my bathroom, made some paint cans, ate fondue, and lounged around in my jammies. Nice.
Yay for Amy! Why can't Tyler have ice cream, for breakfast? You only live once, right? ;-) You're such Mom- gosh! J/K! The boys look great- I love the picture of them snuggled up on the couch. Tyler is such a good brother!
Cute haircut. Awesome cheezy smiles!
I have been anxious to see the picture of little Sammy since his haircut. It makes him look like a little boy instead of a baby boy---either way he is so dang cute. And of course, so is Tyler. We are anxious to come down there. I had a pretty laid back weekend. Just watched conference on saturday and went through a few things. Sunday I took Jim to the airport and listened to conference and before I knew it the alarm was sounding this am at 5:00. So that was our exciting weekend. Thanks for the pictures. Wish Tyler would have picked our name!!! love grandma t
Please teach me how to get my next child to be a binkie baby! Your kids are so cute and crack me up. Ummm, why have you been teaching Tyler that heals are called leg chins?? I can't wait until he goes to school and says that! I can't stop laughing! Cute kids and that creativity of yours. What else could a person ask for?! I am a little SAD that I lost once again.
Love the cheesy smiles, he is so cute! Good job on the haircuts, they look great.
Becky, hi!!! I have to admit, I've been admiring your blog from a distance for a while now! Thanks for dropping in and saying hello, it made my night! Love love love your blog, your pictures, and your boys! So stinkin fun!
Cute Cute Cute!! Isn't it funny what kids come up with?
Post a Comment