I'm emerging from this blur of the past 3 days. First, I went TWO WHOLE DAYS without the internet. Oh, be still my heart, it was tough! Our home phone line was mysteriously down for two days, which meant no internet either. They came and fixed it this afternoon, and really couldn't figure out why it happened. Of course no emailing, or blogging was difficult, but I mostly found that it was hard when I would have some random thought come to my mind and go to look up some info online and not be able to. Oh boy, how we rely on the internet at our house. I can't imagine life without it! But...on the flip side, oh boy did I get a lot more done around the house! Garrett even has freshly ironed shirts in the closet...a very rare occurence. Maybe we should 'schedule' some outages in the near future...
BUT I didn't get as much done as I could have because the last three days have also been spent in the utmost awful of teething nightmares. Oh my! Sam's cutting his two front teeth and his gums are SO swollen, and he has been a grouch and clingy as all get out. But today was just where it all came to a head. He cried much of the day, took a decent morning nap, but only a 30 minute afternoon nap, and just screamed his head off for a few hours after he woke up. By this time I figured it had to be more than just teeth that were bothering him, but the dr.'s office was closing, so if we went today, we'd have to go to urgent care...so I wasn't sure what to do. Then Garrett got home from work, and after about thirty more minutes of solid screaming, we decided to take him in. Sure enough, it was an ear infection. {and isn't it almost a relief when they can tell you it really is something like that? so then you can get some antibiotics and really knock it out!}. And at 11 months, this is the first time he's been to the doctor for anything but a well child appointment, so I guess that's really not too shabby. I'm so glad he's been a heatlhy little tike! So, he's finally resting for the first time since this morning and we're hoping for a good night. BUT, those teeth haven't broken through yet either, so we'll see what tomorrow brings. Oh, having a sick baby is so sad...and SOOOO exhausting!
And I'm so glad we took him tonight since my sister Angie and her husband Mike are flying in tomorrow and the sooner he's back to his happy self, the better it will be for everyone involved!
OK, seriously, don't even think about taking that binky from him, even for just a moment.
Glad to be emerging from this because we are excited and ready to play with our visitors tomorrow!






19 comments:
He is so adorable. I love the picture of him sleeping with his binkie.
Oh hush...you mean I'm actually supposed to iron? Don't tell my hubby that. He thinks that throwing his shirt in the dryer is how you iron.
I'm sorry Sam has an ear infection. JM has had a TON of them, so I feel your pain. JM is getting his next round of teeth but he's sure been more pleasant about it this time. Thank heaven.
Have fun with your familY!
Oh poor little Sam. I hope he is feeling better today---not just for him of course, but for you too so you can enjoy your sister and her husband and they can enjoy him too. I am so glad they chose to come see you guys. Have a great time. There is so much to see and do there. Such fun place to visit. We hope to be there soon ourselves. Have a good day and a great visit with your family Becky. Give the boys kisses and hugs from us. love you. grandmat
Poor little Sammy! I am sure I could give him enough kisses and hugs to feel better(especially in those adorable tight jammies)! How could you not feel terribly sorry for a cute thing like him?!
Aww! Poor Sam! Shelby knows just how he feels! (And I know just how you feel!) Her top front teeth finally broke through last week but she was sure a bear for a couple days. Hope Sam is feeling better and you have a great visit with your family.
I feel your pain! Avalon's top tooth just broke through yesterday and she seems in better spirits. We still have one more to go though. Sam is so cute and 11 months???? What has happened to our babies? I say popsicles for everyone...maybe you would all feel better.
I can't believe mellow little Sam was making all of that fuss! He definitely had good reason to though!
Teething+an ear infection=no fun!
I hope he's feeling his happy self today. I love the pajama's by the way!
Boy do I feel your pain! At least he has only had one ear infection so far. Rhett was on number 6 by the time he was 11 months old and Gracie was up to 11 infections by 17 months old! You forget how awful it is to have a sick kid when you haven't had one in awhile!! Hopefully it will be Sam's first and last ear infection. He still looks so cute, even when he is sick!!
Oh, I'm so sorry! That's just no fun! More teething days are ahead for me too I suppose. I've kinda forgotten about these little phases. I LOVE his little skull pjs. Too cute!
Oh, I'm so sorry that little Sammy has sore ears and gums. I don't know why something so natural as cutting a tooth has to be so hard on the little ones. I can't wait to see him with some new little choppers though! I too like the pj's with the Jolly Rogers on them. Have lots and lots of fun with Mike and Angie. You'll all have to get my hugs through them. I love you all. Love MomA
I'm not looking forward to having those with Allie, you'll have to give me pointers on how to handle it!
Ohhh, poor little guy. Poor momma too!
I hope things are looking up for your family and glad to see you back online!!
I'm so glad he's starting to feel better!
Hey Becky! You are a great photographer! I suggest you set up your own photography blog!!
I keep thinking maybe we'll try for another baby UNTIL someone gets sick then it's all over. It's so hard having sick kids!
Now, Becky, stop being lazy and just using old pictures of Tyler and darkening the hair and passing them off as being Sam! Really, at least to me Sam totally looks like a baby Tyler. Super handsome guys, both of them! And just remember how fast the years go by and if your baby is sick, throw the guilt out the window and just spend the day rocking and holding him and to heck with the housework! Have a great time with your family. Judy (McNally :)
I totally know! We went without the internet for a WEEK while we were transitioning from apartment to home. Who knew I needed google so much to function? I had a birthday party to plan and no internet to help me!
So stinkin' cute! Love him!
Poor thing!! Carter teeths for months at a time to get one tooth out. So it's here and there he randomly can't sleep and get's grumpy. And I definitely know that phrase don't take that binky away from that boy. And it sure can be nice sometimes like on a plane. Good luck and have so much fun with family.
Post a Comment