Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Husband Tag

I was tagged three different times, all in the same day, and all three were different tags...so if you tagged me, please know I will try to get it done. But for now, here's the husband tag... (I'm sure Garrett will be thrilled to see this on here--can you sense my sarcasm??) :)
1. What is his name? Garrett Wilks Thalgott
2. How long have you been married? We'll celebrate our 8th anniversary in one month.
3. How long did you date? Dated about six months before we got engaged. Got married six months after that.
4. Who eats more? Probably him, but it's sad how close I come sometimes!
5. Who said I love you first? Him.
6. Who sings better? Neither of us. It would probably not surprise you that we are not a singin' duo!
7. Who is taller? He is, by 11 inches. And he often reminds me how short I am!
8. Whose temper is worse? His. But I most definitely have my moments!
9. Who does the laundry? me, me, me, and me
10. Who does the dishes? Usually me, but if I ask him to, he'll unload the dishwasher for me. :)
11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does. But this changes depending on where we are living and which side is closest to the door. I have to be closest to the door to get up with kiddos. :)
12. Who does the cooking? I do, unless it is being cooked on the grill, then it's him.
13. Who is more stubborn? Ugh, this is a hard one. Probably both of us, for different things.
14. Who proposed? He did. I'm definitely much too traditional to have thought about proposing to him!
15. Who is most likely to admit that they are wrong? Neither of us...ok, probably me I think (Garrett may beg to differ!)
16. Whose parents do you see the most? Both. They live 10 minutes away from each other, so we try really hard to see them both about the same amount when we go home. And they are both really good about coming for visits. But we miss them like crazy!!
17. Who pays the bills? He makes the money, I do the bill paying.
18. Who wears the pants? I really kind of think we both do. (again, Garrett may beg to differ here?)
19. Why do you love your husband? Oh boy, loaded question here. Because he is so supportive of me, encourages me to develop my talents and take time for my hobbies, he takes interest in my interests, because he appreciates me as a stay at home mom and really feels it's best for our family to have me home, because he's a wonderful father, because he works so stinking hard for our family, and because he is very unwavering in his testimony--just to name a few.
20. Who are three people you are going to tag? Hmmm, let's see: Amber N., Alison C., & Lorraine. Have fun!

2 comments:

cshel said...

I LOVE your post about Garrett. You are an awesome couple and we miss you lots!!

The Nielsen Family said...

Fun to read...though my favorite GT talent was not mentioned: his HILARIOUS sense of humor!