Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Not Your Average Egg

This is a story, a story starring my dear 3 year old son, that can only be told with the use of pictures.... So here goes:

Back in February, we did our taxes using the following software:
And after we bought that software, Tyler found it and ran to me asking me what DVD it was. He was clearly excited thinking that it was a new movie for him. Ahhhh, if only.... So instead of hearing that it was a new movie, he was told it was some software for the computer (I knew he wouldn't know what that meant, but it was the best answer I could come up with). So after that, the case sat on our computer desk for at least two months, and at least once a day, Tyler would pick it up and ask me what it was and carry it around the house with him. (you'd think I would have eventually just put it away, but um, no.) After a while, the answer that it was something for the computer got old and boring, so he asked me what it was called. Still, knowing he wouldn't have a clue what it meant, I told him it was indeed called TurboTax. He was WAY excited about that, for some reason. And every time we went in a store (i.e., Best Buy, Circuit City, WalMart, etc), and he would see the stands of TurboTax, he would say: "MOM!!! Look, TurboTax!! We have this for our computer!!". Yippee! How exciting, eh? Well, not as exciting as Friday morning when the following discovery was made.

I was whipping up some scrambled eggs for breakfast and Tyler was standing on his stool next to me "helping", like he always does, and he started to check out the egg carton, pointing out letters and the like, when he saw the following symbol:

Immediately following the discovery of the symbol above, Tyler yelled out: "MOM!!! Look! We have TurboTax eggs!!! Yay!! I love TurboTax eggs!". And then he proceeded to thank me for making TurboTax eggs. I know, I am a good mom. What can I say???

So, there you have it, folks. My secret is out. I not only make eggs for Tyler...I make him TurboTax eggs. And they are better than any other eggs Winn Dixie sells, I'm certain.

What a funny kid!! Seriously, stuff like this is always coming out of his mouth and I could have an entire post dedicated to things such as these. He does NOT forget anything!! Like when we're driving down the street and he belts out: "Hey, let's build something together!" And at that point, I realize we are driving past a Lowe's Home Improvement store. And he recognizes bill boards with pictures of local politicians running for office and points them out and tells us their names. Clearly, we must watch too much TV, right?
What a goober! I better be on my best behavior and watch what I say because it will definitely come back to bite me with this kid. It has before, and it will in the future, that is for sure!
And, ahhh, would it not be seriously entertaining to live in the mind of a three year old just for one day? I think it'd be a riot!

15 comments:

aidanjordan said...

That is the funniest (and cutest!) thing ever! Now you have to carry on the tradition of Turbo Tax eggs every tax season.

THE BEAN FAMILY : aaron,candace,ashlyn,alysse, and macey said...

That is so cute! I wish my kids were thankful for anything i make...maybe it is because I am not making turbo tax eggs! He is the cutest thing ever...and it is good that you are writing these down because someday what he says wont be so cute and you can look back. Also I cant believe sam is 7 months old...where does the time go?

Jo Ann Anderson said...

You have a little smarty pants on your hands. I wish I could remember what I had for breakfast last week....I bet Tyler could tell me. What a cutie!

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

What a cutie. And thanks for posting that...I needed a good giggle :)

Anonymous said...

Oh man!! That kid just gets funnier and funnier! lol I miss you guys so mucc :( Give him a hug and kiss from me k? and sam k? love ya

Cook Family said...

I love how observant kiddos are. Ty is the same way! I love it!

Heitmann Family said...

such an imagination. I love the turbo tax eggs!!

Henricksen Family said...

that is awesome! I know exactly what you are talking about it's funny what they come up with.

The Nielsen Family said...

I was seriously laughing till tears came to my eyes. What a FUNNY story. Oh don't I have the cutest nephews! :)

mccready's said...

TurboTax eggs!! They sound... not as boring as TurboTax software!
Tyler cracks me up! He was our spotlight kid in primary this past Sunday and I was SO happy that I was the one who got to read out his answers. :) The kicker was "When I grow up I want to be old and Superman." Followed closely by "The best thing about being a missionary is wearing a tie." It made my day!

Dan and Amanda Arrhenius said...

Becky I just love Tyler So much! I wish I was his age. We would be teh bestest friends possible. Wow! What a kid!
Amanda

Ashley said...

That is so fun, turbo tax eggs, I love the way that kids interpret the world, if only it were that simple. He is such a clever kid.

Anonymous said...

I think his new nick name ought to be "Turbo Tyler" What a funny and cute kid. The gals at work loved it. They also think that Sam should be a model for Osh Kosh. I love you guys. MomA

Haylee Mollerup said...

Hey Becky! It was good to "hear" from you on my blog! Your boys are so cute! I haven't seen a picture of your baby since I saw your baby annoucement from Karin D. It will be fun to keep in touch! Don't you love the blogging world!!

cshel said...

Hilarious story...thanks for sharing!