Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fire Trucks & Silver Dollar Eyes

Last Thursday for play group, we were able to tour the local fire station. I'm sure it would come as no surprise for you to find out that Tyler was absolutely and totally mesmerized by the entire thing. It was pretty funny actually! The firefighters gave the kids a few demonstrations and talked to them about fire safety and such and I couldn't believe how still Tyler was during this time. He did not move a muscle and at one point, he was even folding his arms! I have never seen him quite like that. His eyes were as big as silver dollars the entire time. I was thinking I should ask the firemen to come over and help me on a daily basis since he definitely does not pay attention to me like that. During their demonstration, he watched and nodded and I don't think he blinked even once!
I think this may have been the time at which they asked if it was good to play with matches and he emphatically nodded his head up and down. He was paying close enough attention that he wasn't catching a word they were saying! ha ha!
And I actually kind of liked this blown out over exposed shot of him since it shows just how big those eyes were the ENTIRE time!
When the guy came out all dressed up in the fire gear, Tyler got totally worried and was kind of scared of him and then we finally got Tyler to stand by him, but he was still pretty unsure of the whole thing.
And Sam just hung out like this... :)
I laughed at these pictures of Tyler with the fire man because it took some coaxing to get him to stand there with him and he was being all shy and stuff. And he was trying his hardest not to smile, but he did finally give a thumbs up.
And then he got to sit in the big fire engine. How cool is that?!
And then we see the return of the silver dollar eyes again (as pictured above)!!
And another thumbs up!

And a great day at the fire station it was. We had a great time and I must say that the three firemen that were there were SO nice and SO great with the kids. I actually quite enjoyed myself because they were just so pleasant and seemed so happy to have us there. And I have to thank Aimee for throwing it all together. Tyler is still talking about it!!

11 comments:

Jo Ann Anderson said...

It is so fun to have a boy. They are so excited about the funniest things!! Tyler is so cute and what a fun time you have. You guys are always on the go....how oh how do you do it?

Anonymous said...

OMIHEAVENS girl! Your boys are soooo handsome! Love the great photos! Those will be so fun to scrap!

Hillary said...

Oh, he cracks me up! He is totally in "fire-truck" world in these photos. Little Sam even had a fire themed shirt on! Cash has the same shirt as Tyler! Oh these boys...

Jeni said...

Tyler cracked me up at that outing! When asked if you played with matches at home, Tyler shook his head "yes." Hilarious. Don't worry, I know he doesn't really play with matches:)

Maxwells said...

Benjamin is in a fire truck phase right now. I am just glad he's not playing with the princesses as much. Looks like such a great trip, wish we could have been there!

cshel said...

Cute, cute pictures. It is fun to see the things that "wow" our kids. I love the shirt Sam is wearing - very appropriate and darling. :-)

The Nielsen Family said...

Oh, the fire station, every little boys dream. We live just down the street from the local firestation and we frequently get the firetruck "screaming" down our way. They are really good about waving to the little kids as they pass by. When they are not busy and just driving by the will slow down and sometimes even stop so the little kids can get a good look. Now Carter says "Truck" when he sees it.

Ashley said...

That is so fun!! I remember always loving the fire station when I was little. That is great!!!

Bella said...

Sorry it's taken me awhile to leave any comment! Zach and him would get along great! He loves firetrucks. Although he can't say "t's" and replaces it with an "f" sound! hahah It's great! Sam is so cute! I love all your pics!

kdance said...

Loved this post! You weren't kidding when you said Tyler's eyes were as big as silver dollars! What a stud muffin, all into the fireman's discussion.

Shuldberg Family said...

Tyler has so much personality - what a cute boy. We miss seeing you guys.